Jaguars know how to win at Mile High

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky DENVER - The Mile High City is a notoriously tough place to play, but the Jaguars don't have to look far for evidence of their ability to succeed here.
    Last year in Week 3, Jacksonville came to Denver and left with a 23-14 win.
    They did well to set a tone with a franchise-record game opening drive: 18 plays in 11:44 covering 80 yards.
    "We were able to convert on third down," running back Fred Taylor said when asked about that game. "We minimized the turnovers and that allowed us to hold on to the ball a little bit. We did not shorten the field for them, field position helped us out I think. We want to try and do some of those same things."
    The elevation can prove a problem in a loud and raucous stadium, especially for first-timers.
    "It is tough," Taylor said. "The air is thin so it is hard to breathe, extremely hard to breathe. But you try to hydrate prior to getting there and that helps you a little bit. It is tough overall. The Broncos have a nice history behind their organization. The fans are loud, crazy and they are screaming all day. It will be a great atmosphere to play football."
    I don't expect any of the Jaguars were as foolish as I was last time I covered a game here - when I went with a buddy to Pikes Peak shortly after landing and wound up wobbly the rest of my stay. (Probably couldn't have happened today, since it's snowing up there.)
    I'll stick to downtown this evening and tonight.
    Then the plan is to catch Baltimore-Indianapolis in the INVESCO Field at Mile High press box before blogging from Jaguars-Broncos. I'm looking forward to talking with you then.

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Denver has a bad defense, Jags should be able to run all day on them.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't really think a whole lot of Jacksonville. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they drop this one. Jags d should be enough to cancel out Denver's offensive attack but I sense something just going to go wrong for the Jags. It's just a gut feeling. I think Denver is just going to outscore them. Somehow Denver will manage to score more points on the Jags than any other team has yet all season. Denver will end up with something crazy like five or more touchdowns. Cutler will have 300+ passing. Just a gut feeling.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Denver stepped up last week against the Bucs and played solid on defense. Jax O-line is still banged up. I have Denver to win this.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:bsflag:

[​IMG]

BIP.. am i going to get that raise I've been *****ing about since April?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no. with that attitude you will never see a raise in pay.

however The Great Bipolar forecasts a dismal defeat for the Jags. My score prediction: Jacksonville 17 Denver 38.

[​IMG]

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

With Royal injured, they will double team Marshall.

For Denver to win ,the other WR's will have to step up./

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

which leaves Stokely and Scheffler pretty wide open

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That'll be just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar