Pre-Game Thread Jaguars @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It'll be hard for either the fans or players to be up for the finale of a horrible season. Though many may think jobs are on-the-line for a few players and coaches, I'd hope the front office doesn't skew decisions based on a win over a bad team though another big loss might end all hope of Mike Munchak's coaching career continuing.

What is at stake is position for the 2013 draft. The Jags will pick no higher than #2 even with a win. The Titans, who are currently choosing #8, could gain a couple of spots with a loss but could jump as high as #12 with a win. I don't think many Titans fans will lose much sleep with a loss.

Of the few things of interest in this game: Jones-Drew may be returning from a foot injury which has sidelined him for the last 10 games. I have no idea why they'd play him in a meaningless game. If the Titans defense can hold the Jags to scoring only nine points, they can avoid setting a franchise records for most points allowed in a single season. A decent game by Locker would give fans a glimmer of hope heading into a long offseason. The patchwork OL will need to do a better job for that to happen. Another offensive performance like last week will be greeted with boos raining down on LP Field.

Attached Files:

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I think if the weather is poor it could look pretty barren Sunday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am in the middle of moving and will tragically will not be able to watch this game:shakehead:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In case anyone has a spare ticket, I have an out-of-town guest so am looking for a single. I don't care where it is.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pretty sure it's confirmed MJD is out for the season/game..

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Titans will win. Munch is playing for his job. MJD is out. CJ will try really hard to pad his stats. And the Jags have a high draft pick at stake.

Titans over Jags 38-13

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last week you dumped your wife cause you said you had another, now this week youre looking for singles...

That's some wife you have.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 tarpkitties 0

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I'm not going to be surprised either way...33-0 or 0-33. Win or lose.

10. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Its sad that a game day thread is on page 2....

Anyway...

WHOSE READY FOR MUNCH'S LAST GAME AS HEAD COACH?!?!?!?!:beerbang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar