Game Thread Jaguars @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

:rolleyes:

Jokes kid.
  2. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Special Teams Standout

Why would you trade a 2nd for Ryan Mallet when he was a 3rd rounder that hasn't accomplished jack? Is this the same as everybody a few years back saying Brian Hoyer was some elite backup qb and capable starter? Is Hoyer even in the NFL still
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Only reason he slipped was because of "character" concerns. Go watch some tape. Dude had the best arm of that QB class. Don't be naive.
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Ok... guess I didn't get the joke, sorry. I see people correct that kind of stuff all the time - usually right, not always...

Also... haven't been called a "kid" in over 30 years. Thanks.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Mallett is intriguing but I rather give Locker a whole year before we start bringing in other guys.
  6. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

I just have my doubts at this point with locker. I want him to succeed... I'm just not seeing it panning out.
    And flipping a second for a contingency plan... Would be nice.
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I have doubts too but I also doubt anyone could succeed with what we put out there the past few weeks. He has work to do but give him a whole off season and more help and let's see what happens. We're not missing out on any top QB's this year and the class next year looks much better so let's call next year a make/break.
  8. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

It's no so much the o line that scares me with locker being back there.

Just take a look at this equation with locker...

Next to no 3/5 step drops with rhythm throws. Hasn't really been effective at moving out of the pocket. Holds on to the ball too long... Throws high, tries to go deep 9 times out of 10. Isn't comfortable throwing short, balls sail on him. The longer he has the ball in his hands, the sloppier he gets.

Many of these things don't really attach themselves to the o line... His mechanics and inaccuracies arnt at fault of the o line. Yea he's been dogged when the line screws up... Yea he isn't going to have all year to throw... But he's not being smothered on every play like its being painted. He's getting time... He's not pulling the trigger. And when he has its been a bad throw... I don't see how that o line is making him inaccurate.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I was happy with Jake today. He improved a lot from last week.
  10. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

Mallet was the guy I originally wanted. One reason was that I thought we could get him in the 2nd, but I also thought he was the best overall QB in the draft that year.

That being said, I would rather save the 2nd rd pick and use it on OL/DL/S ... Like others have said, no QB would stand much of a chance with our team this year. We would be better off trying to fill other holes. Next year will be the real test for Locker, if he gets an upgraded OL, new OC, several starts under his belt, and a full TC/preseason getting starter reps, then he will have no excuses. If he still can't cut it, then it will be time to move on, but he deserves a fair shot
    • High Five High Five x 1