Jake Freaking Locker has no excuse now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Nope, never even read his lol

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

All the experts are agreeing with me, Locker is our weakest Link after this draft.

Kinda sad we are back to this problem.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well based off one year lol and being hurt... What did you expect. Hopefully he gets it together this year and goes on a tear. He's got to handle situations better and be more accurate with his foot work.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm so glad some of you already know the outcome of Locker who hasn't even started enough games to complete a full season. I'll hold judgements until the end of this season, seems like we have enough talent around him now and a coach that actually wants to utilize him properly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm trying my best to be (cautiously) optimistic about Locker. On the one hand, he has some very legitimate excuses for his less than impressive production. On the other hand, I still think he would have shown us more than he has if he had "it".

At this point, no one knows whether he's the guy for the long haul. But what isn't up for debate or interpretation is that he's the guy for this year and we've given him every single tool he needs to be successful, and then some. If he's successful, AWESOME. If he fails, then at least we can move on with a fair amount of confidence that we're doing the right thing.

I'm trying to be realistic about this season. Barring some miracle, we likely aren't going to be a Super Bowl contender. But this is a crucial season for the future of this team. Lots of key people within the organization have a lot to prove. And jobs are absolutely on the line. It should be fun to watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Vince Young is available.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

So is my mother, but I wouldn't want her as quarterback either.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm just glad we are building ourselves an offense that we can pick and pull our QB and not suffer a setback.

Thank God this whole team isn't built around Locker. Instead it's Locker being built around the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

okay anyway...

trying not to defend Locker too much, he clearly has some work to do and needs to improve a lot in his game but this wasn't a guy that was NFL ready right from day 1, he was a bit of a project when drafted. If he can't get it together over this off season and show some progression every game/week then I would be more than happy doing whatever it takes to get Teddy Bridgewater because this is a team that's built to win now and the future with the way Webster is brilliantly putting this team together and if Locker busts or holds us back to the point a playoff caliber teams fails then we should look in a new direction but I have a lot of faith in Locker and hoping he's the real deal.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't see what the big deal is about a QB struggling in his first year as a starter. Some of you are getting spoiled by what some of the recent rookie QBs have done. It's normal for players to struggle. Be hopeful! Give the kid a chance develop. Jake will be fine!!!

McNair's first year as a starter:
    Games: 16 Comp %: 51.3 Yards: 2665 TD: 14 INT: 13 Rating: 70.4

Locker's first year as a starter:
    Games: 11 Comp %: 56.4 Yards: 2176 TD: 10 INT: 11 Rating: 74.0

If I recall correctly, McNair became a pretty decent player. Granted, McNair had a great year running the ball, but we can compare how they throw. Steve developed his passing game over time. Jake might not have played up to our hopes, but he wasn't that awful either.

How many of us thought Vince had "it"???? How did that turn out? You can't judge a player on such a small professional sample size.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar