Jake Locker “felt really good” in return to field

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Quarterback Jake Locker’s future with the Titans is a bit uncertain after the team decided not to exercise the 2015 option on his contract.

While it is unclear exactly what Locker might have to do to convince new coach Ken Whisenhunt, General Manager Ruston Webster and the rest of the Titans brass that he’s the right man for the long term, any argument will have to start with staying healthy. Locker’s had trouble doing that to this point in his NFL career, including the Lisfranc injury that ended his 2013 season in November.

For now, Locker’s healthy and he went through the first day of OTAs with the rest of the team on Tuesday. It was the first time he’s done team drills since last year’s injury.

“It felt really good. I felt really good moving around,” Locker said, via the Tennessean. “… I think that people heal differently. Some people heal faster, slower, whatever it is. I take pride in the fact that I’m going to do everything I can to exceed people’s expectations.”

Locker will also have plenty of mental work to do over the rest of the offseason as the Titans install Whisenhunt’s offense and he’ll need to be sharp in both areas to put forth the kind of performance he’ll need to convince the Titans to keep building their offense around him.

[​IMG]

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Stay healthy this year, Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Felt really good as in ""The cast wasn't itching this time"?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I have yet to figure out why a right handed QB (Locker) always runs with the ball in his left hand.

5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

THAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE! XD

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

This don't mean a damn thing, if he breaks something before October. Please Jake, for your future's sake, stay healthy

7. SDJB1980

SDJB1980 Starter

This is the boy's year. Really hope he can pull it off.

I do feel he has the talent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The offense "pushes the ball further down field" .... I'm sure that's to lockers strengths right?....

More questions about fit than anything IMO

9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It just depends on what feels more natural. Plenty of right handed QBs run with the ball tucked in their left arm, like Russel Wilson. I was a right-handed RB/WR in high school and I tucked it in my left. I could then use my dominate arm and hand for whatever else I needed it for.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

If you were to get hit by a tackler they will most likely be attacking the football also. Would a right handed quarterback rather a defender going for the football in his left hand or right hand? Obviously his non-throwing hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar