Jake Locker is a Prime Example

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good point, there were no mini camps that year. players had to set up their own things at local high school.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

and Gabbert and Ponder are examples why you should let them sit. Could of did them wonders.

If we started Locker week 1/game 1 (remember, coming off the holdout), he still would of been hurt by week 4... so it doesn't even matter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No b/c now the Jags know that Gabbert is not the answer. We still don't know which only delays this franchise.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Im going to say locker is not the answer and we need to move on. The Titans have not said it to the public yet but I know they are thinking that when he was deemed to be out for the season

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

QB, most important position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

and ours cannot stay on the field hence why we are in this position that we are in today!

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Uhhh... That's because teams run on us with ease.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

hes never been hurt running

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

In order to agree with you I'd have to buy into you premise that Gray is the one for the positive defensive turn around. I don't, I fully credit Williams with the vast improvement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I tend to agree with a lot of post on this thread and the thread itself.

But there was no way Munch was gonna start Jake Locker, that's why they brought in Hass. I like what Pete Carroll did. Let the QB's compete and Matt Flynn who was suppose to be the Franchise savior in Seattle got beat out by the new town hero, Russell Wilson.

Even then, I was reading Reports that Hass still beat out Jake in camp the second year but they wanted to see what Jake was made of sooner than later.

So in reality, I think the staff really did put Jake in before they thought he was truly ready to play at a high level for this team. So in a way, they pretty much did try to see what he could do early on.

Also the fact he was SOOO lucky to learn Chris Palmer's playbook for 2 years, kind of hindered his development imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar