Jake Locker is a Prime Example

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

The best plays are the ones you set up. I don't see that with him. Its like he reaches in a bag and pulls one out. I don't see plays off of plays. That's just my observation. And for the love of all things holy, if we don't help our tackles with Robert Mathis tonight, I will scream.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I would love to set up play action and I have been stating that all week but i doubt we see that tonight

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I agree....

4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

There are things they can do off the WR screen to Kendall Wright that I don't see. The boot off the stretch that we run so often.And if Justin Hunter is man to man (8 or more in the box) he is getting shot after shot. Gotta make teams fear him deep to set up the comebacks, etc. JMO

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree and we need to open it up the deep pass just to get the defenders out of the box. I am not a big fan of screens because more than not it blows up in our face for little or no gain. I want the ball thrown down field more than anything

6. TitansWillWin2

Yeah but Fitz cant really throw it deep that well.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well hopefully the cold temperatures effect Luck more than Fitz tonight to even the playing field. I think it will be in the low 40's at kickoff. That does play into how a guy throws.

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I see that more when we screen to the backs. Kendall Wright has made a killing on the WR screen this season. Just once, give it the pump fake to Kendall on the screen, let the inside receiver who blocks the corner, miss and get down field, its a thing of beauty. Have wanted all year. Saw a college team do it last night after running the WR screen 3 or 4 times. Score. I am not crazy about the actual screen either, but I do like what it can set up.

9. TitansWillWin2

The screen is a deadly play that can go for big yards in blitzing situations. We just can't execute it like most teams can.

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar