Jake Locker is the leader we needed.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Mike Vick has way more talent than Rusty Smith. Rusty's greatest talent is a big arm. Mike has that and some of the fastest and quickest legs ever in the NFL.

I'll take Mike or Vince straight out of college than Rusty 6 years deep.

BTW Vick never really improved in Atlanta. He would just run around until something opened up. Vince wasn't relying on his legs in 2009 and 2010. He was understanding his reads, improved on almost all aspects of his passing mechanics, and only ran as a last option, unless it was an option.:yes:

2. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

I think it's nice to see this positive sign and I hope he is always the first player to arrive. I know I appreciate it as a Fan. At this point his playing ability at this level is unknown but I would think it would at least show his dedication to the rest of the Team. That has to be a refreshing change for them as well. If the Team sees his dedication and try I think they will all try harder. It's all about the attitude and having the right one!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gums, I agree with every word of what you posted. Many times I have acknowledged Vince's marked improvement. Ask yourself this though. If Vince Young's work ethic and general attitude were beyond reproach, would he have his agent on speed dial today?

4. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

All I am saying your talent doesn't develop itself. A lot hard work had to be done to have the improvement he has had in reads, mechanics, etc.

YET, he has a "legendary" lack of work ethic. Based on your own observations, wouldn't you consider that false? It's quite obvious he has worked hard on his game and in the film room to achieve these results. If you want 4000 yards and 30 td's you are looking at the wrong scheme, just saying.

It's obvious to me and you he has had to have a work ethic to improve the way he has. Yet the media says otherwise. Maybe his attitude isn't as bad as some media outlets have said either. Coaches and players blow up at each other. It happens and it is part of the game. Most coaches don't air it out in front of the media. Either it was personal or lack of perception. Either way, not a good idea.

Is he a diva? Most athletes are. Peyton is a diva....he just isn't portrayed that way in the media. He is the guy that buys his teammates things for helping him, leaves thank you notes, and does charity work. He isn't a cancer if he does those things. Guess what? Vince did all those things too.

Heck, even Albert addressed the "rumors" vince quit after 2008. He stated maybe Vince should start his legacy somewhere. He stated the media, not the TEAM, is going to think that of him regardless.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I was going by the ESPN 30 player figure. We don't know who was there and who was there first. He is a likeable guy, so the hard worker thing is going to be milked.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so your from TOMB

well at GoTItans I can say I was initially encouraged by VY, but I absoutly HATED the Adam Jones pick. Stupid thuglett midget gangbanging ner'do well.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

No I got it. But Mike Vick in Atlanta was still better than Rusty Smith.

Hard work is great, and key. But you need talent.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Except Mack Brown.

Mack brown still thinks VY is a HOF. :ha::ha::ha:

9. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

he might be a great leader

but wont be a good qb

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Why don't you go to a Colts fan site and post there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar