Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He did the same to ours in preseason. That kid is a special back and will soon be getting the lions share of the carries in Cincy. I never thought he'd be so quick.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How can you say he is playing well when there are 25 backs playing better than him currently and he is amongst the highest paid backs in the league?

it's like you guys would go to Ruth Chris and order the most expensive steak. Then when they serve you a Big Mac you'd say "well I was satisfied with that."

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... man this excuse is getting tired. Especially considering his poor awareness is the reason he missed so many games last year in the first place.

I'm not saying he won't improve as the season progresses. But we've gotta quit leaning on this as an excuse for how disappointing he's been so far. We've seen a number of QBs come into the league these past few years and look like twice the QB Locker is, with less experience.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

3 years in ..... what have you done for me lately???? no improvement, still shaky, far less developed than other qb's and I agree with you SawdustMan.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

I know right? He's a FIRST ROUND PICK! A couple of seasons from now are we still going to be saying "well....he's heading into his fourth full season as a starter...so maybe this year...just give him time" while we hope he finds some secret accuracy potion

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every team is different, so every players situation is also different.

This is not apples to apples. If we had the same personnel and same schedule as those other RB's then we could talk.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont you mean the Tigers share? He's a Bengal, not a Lion.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

CJ is currently on pace for 1,416 yards after facing 2 of the toughest defenses he will see all year. I heavily doubt that 25 backs will be at or over 1,416 yards this season. CJ might not get there either but I bet he gets close. I'm sure the numbers you used are good but It seems to me they don't paint the whole picture.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

:rimshot:

10. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Locker has weapons. He has a oline, he has a RB. He has no one to blame forreal.. I know Britt and Wright dropped passes, but the one for Britt was too high and Wright was lower then it needed to be but Wright still should of caught it. Locker makes a couple of good plays followed by a WTF play next. As for the play calling, at times yes its dumb plays. But Locker is mobile and has a arm, he should be able to make something out of nothing. Him reading the field is a problem. When he drops back he has to know where and when to throw the ball when needed. He takes too many sacks. While some say oh he doesnt turn the ball over, at the sametime he doesn't make plays when needed too in the crucial moments.

Sure the 99 yard drive was nice. The fact he even did all that SURPRISED me to the fullest. Thats not a good sign when your supposed to be future starting QB is surprising you when he should be doing that more often. I say put Fitzpatrick in, he can make reads better and throw the ball better. He would give us a passing attack much like Collins did his first year. Its not so much that that Collins was good or anything, just the fact he could make throws to keep drives alive or know where to find a open WR. THAT is what we need. When we need a first down or a score , Collins or Fitzpatrick can deliver that more then Locker can. Veteran QBs who can make reads are what we havent had in awhile. Locker at times seems like he guesses where to go. No contender can have that on the team and expect to win the superbowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar