Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I find it funny.

When I didn't think Jake had it, everybody thought he was gonna be great. Now that I think he's actually making strides everybody thinks he's not anything great.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Wow, the guy has 13 starts and you're ready to write him off! They are gonna try and protect him (and our chances to win) to some extent by relying on the run and trying to limit the number of 3rd and longs so we have better makeable 3rd downs so we can keep the ball, run the clock and rely on our defense and running game as much as possible. That's everyone's preference in handling rookie QB's because it is extremely rare to get the handful of guys who have played really well as rookie over the last few years.

Maybe they SHOULD let Locker just rip it and see what happens, but 9 times out of 10, rookie QB's throw a lot of pics and we can win without that. I'm not saying Locker is the next Peyton, but he doesn't have to be. Our offense doesn't have to be built around Locker and I think we will see him be more aggressive at times as he gets more comfortable and the staff has more confidence. but cut the kid SOME slack, he hasn't even started 16 games and some of you are ready to throw him off the team.

With a rookie QB, there will be growing pains. Get used to it even if none of us like it. You will enjoy the season a lot more if you expect him to play like 90% of the rookie QB's and not expect him to be a stud right away.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That sample size is so small I don't think we can say what the norm is. Consider too that his rookie year he was throwing downfield in games we were losing every time out.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

take the gloves off I want to see if he can do it!

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Way we are calling first to games no way to know

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

problem is this is his 3rd year here but doesn't have many starts. I don't see what the coaches see but hope they let this kid air it out soon or I think that will be a sign of what they really think of this kid. You can protect a qb and give him simple throws and play calling but you also have to let him be aggressive. I think we have been over protecting him by far and it's time to let go and let him play some ball! One of these games they have to do that? Right? I think so atleast

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

SD will be a nice test. Locker and Loggains have a chance to open it up. If they don't then we wait till the next game. My personal bar is the game after the bye. If we haven't opened it up and Locker is still struggling/hasn't improved then I'll start really questioning our QB sitch after this year.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just think it's beyond silly to keep treating him like a rookie and using that as the standard for judging him. Because he's not a rookie. He's not even a 2nd year QB. It's his 3rd year in the league. 3rd year of NFL practices. 3rd year in the meeting rooms. 3rd year of studying film. etc. etc. He should be well past "rookie" level IMHO.

If you want to say he's only had 13 starts and needs more before he can be fully judged, then that's fair and I have no problem with that. I actually agree. I just wish we'd quit acting like he's some fresh off the turnip truck rookie and using that as an excuse for all of his faults.

Our "franchise QB" is in his 3rd year in the league and hasn't done jack $*&%. He's not immune from criticsim.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just seems most those critics dont know enough to have an opinion

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

He needs to take over the offense this week..... I want to see him call plays at the line, read defense, audible, do everything a franchise qb can do because that is what he is here to be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar