Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's too early to call it, one way or the other. He may be a total bust of a pick or he may win us a Super Bowl or two. Only time will tell.

It is too early to completely write him off. But there's certainly legitimate reason to be concerned at this point.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

to add to your point..... it doesn't help when other young qb's are developing faster than him and have been in the league for less time. Qb's are more prepared to come in to the NFL than ever.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'll take a QB who develops slowly and has a higher ceiling, than one who develops fast but caps off.

Jake has the arm strength and athleticism to be special. His accuracy is improving. His confidence has to be improving.

I think he'll be alright. Look how far Joe Flacco has come in just a few years. He was considered a game manager too when the Ravens had a stout defense and solid running game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You need to consider the different situations the young QB's around the league are in too. Some have very good defenses. (Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton) Some have great O-Lines. (Kaepernick, Wilson) Some of their offenses have been specifically designed to their strengths. (RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson) None of them run offenses that are as conservative as Locker's. Or even close to as conservative really. Most young QB's in the league right now are being asked to be flashy. Locker is asked to hand the ball off, get first downs, and move the ball without turning it over.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

problem is when teams watch our games to prepare, the defense knows this and knows when we are going to run, they stack the box and there goes our offensive game plan out the door. This year we have turned our defense around so the pressure will be on him to succeed. I get the different situations but I think we would be in a different situation if we had one of the other qb's.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It's game 2 bruh

7. seafandawghawk

seafandawghawk Starter

""I know he played at Washington, did he panic in the pocket when he played there? I don't know much or follow college football that much to know what he did there. This is something that should have been corrected when he came in to the league imo. I wonder if it is anxiety or something of that sort. I hope you are right and that it can be corrected, still waiting for it.""

He more or less had to panic in the pocket while in college, as his O-lines were truly abysmal, and he spent his whole college career facing relentless pressure. And maybe that retarded his development, becoming like a reflex for him, just expecting to be in trouble in the pocket and having to try to make plays off of pure athleticism rather than solid poise and mechanics in the face of it.

I can't blame Titan fans for asking the hard questions about Locker at this point. To be a good quarterback in the NFL requires at least good reads/decisions and sufficient accuracy. In my view these are the two questions that Locker has to answer, not later, but this year.

8. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

yeah well RG3, Kaepernick haven't exactly set the world on fire last week. RG3 looked like he didn't even know where he was at most of that game. Dalton didn't set the world on fire either really against the stoolers. Yeah they won but he missed a lot of his passes too. I'm ok with Jake at this point. If you look around the league he isn't any worse than a lot of the other QBS. I think he will be alright. I do hope he can get his accuracy up though. At least he isn't turning over the ball like some of the other qbs.
    I think Sunday we will see a lot more passing game. I hope so. but at the same time I'm still going to cringe when ghe goes back to pass, praying it doesn't get picked.

9. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And look at the early risers of his class. Newton, ponder, dalton, etc. how are they doing. Dalton how has he done in his years at Cinn? Gabbert ? They all are struggling. Newton had good rookie year but what since ? Locker needs to be let loose to see if he is or isn't the man. Until then we have this question on this board for a long time. My thought is not do they have confidence in Locker , but so scared they lose jobs that they being ultra conservative with him. Just my opinion.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My biggest concern with Locker, is how he throws when under pressure. Hopefully experience fixes that. You nailed it, too early to call either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar