Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think Locker could do 2000-2500 yds, 20-25 Tds and about 5 picks in this offense. The low # of ints is the lofty part.

As far as his play goes, I've seen what I expected to see. Sometimes he surprises me and makes a throw I didn't think he could make like the seam pass he threw in the steelers game just over the lb and right before the s in a tiny window. Other times he surprises me by making a poor throw missing easy targets. He had accuracy issues coming out of college and sometimes it shows up. Then again, you can still be a pro bowl qb with some accuracy issues ala McNabb.

Additionally, I've seen him make some nice throws down the field at times and at other times he's not seeing the play develop and not throwing at who WILL be open so his reading of defenses still needs work.

On the plus side, sometimes he shows you he can put it together. Against the Steelers, there were 2 plays that come to mind. On both plays he got a lot of pressure and moved out of the pocket and found the check down for the first down.

At the same time Ive seen him make deep out throws with accuracy but throw the ball too far behind on a 5 yard crossing pattern.

Seeing as this is his first year starting, there is a lot of information to process as well as technique issues and simple qb play things he needs to change. He does sometimes forget to change the snap count and not stare down wrs for instance.

So what does this all mean? I'm seeing what you'd expect out of a guy whos starting his first full season. Sometimes he takes 2 steps forward, and sometimes he doesn't. The key is whether his good plays will become more and more consistent while eliminating the bad plays. If he doesn't become more consistent in throwing and reading defenses, he will eventually be replaced. As I've said before, once you get into the high 20-30 in starts, we'll have a pretty good Idea of what he is and what he can do and whether we stay with him or need a new qb. But that takes time!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Solid, solid day from Locker. I think he has earned some trust from the coaching staff this week.

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

No turnovers in 3 games and a 95 yard game winning drive, keep it up Jake!!

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Solid? I think it was a great day for him. This is what young QB needs. He didnt fold.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I told you guys Locker has what it takes.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Locker looked damn good today. I can only recall 2, maybe 3, throws that were absolutely turrrble. But for the most part he was sharp and I liked that he was making plays with his legs.

To keep things in perspective though, that was the worst pass D in the league and they were missing both of their starting ILBs. So I'm hardly sold on him. Still, you gotta feel good about what you saw today.

7. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

He better have.

Most of us have been saying they have to let him loose and give him the chance to sink or swim on his own. Too many folks here have said he won't "win" a game for us. Well he did today. There'll be more bumps in the road along the way, but hopefully today was a sign of where he's going as a player.

8. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

TEN Passing CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
    Jake Locker 23 37 299 8.1 1 0

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Fumble and a few bad throws from a perfect game in my eyes.

That last throw was on the money.

I don't think some of his overthrows are bad accuracy, he is just afraid to leave it short. That can be learned over time.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Plus a bunch of big runs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar