Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I know i might get some flack for this but here it goes.Jake Locker to me seems to be a game manager type QB and as long as he has a stout line protecting him,good running game and above average defense he will get us through but nothing more.I strongly disagree with the if Fitz has to play we are done for talk.In the preseason you could see Fitz slinging the ball to all our receivers pretty damn good it seemed.

Fitz has played well enough the past three regular seasons to average around 25TD's a year and a yeah he might throw a pick every blue moon but i do think the offense would be night and day if we gave him a chance to show what he can do.Imagine having a great running game AND a great passing game we could have that if we gave Fitz a chance.And Fitz would be able to generate enough offense throwing the ball to put us up a few scores and with a great defense too this team could be very good.

Before anyone says i'm not giving Locker a fair chance i say its been three years and then i look around and see all these guys like Dalton,Wilson,Kaepernick,Luck,RGIII,etc. and all of them are playing better and been to the postseason.I'm afraid we've seen Locker's ceiling by now and things are about as good as they are going to get.I just don't want to see us have a good defense wasted because the QB can't get the offense going enough.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I totally agree playcalling was pretty bad. Still, I think legit QBs find a way to make something happen. I'm by no means saying Jake is awful or that he won't improve. But he's got to be more consistent, plain and simple. If he can't play up to the competition then we're going to have a tough time getting much over .500. And that'd be a shame considering how good this defense appears to be.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Contradicted yourself didn't you? You say teams are blitzing like crazy but then you think Jake has plenty of time to throw? We do have 3 new starters on the o-line so maybe they will gel better over time and handle the rush and our receivers need to make them pay by getting open.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jake locker's QBR after 2 games is 52.75, That's around average since the formula was designed for 50 to be about average.

So average against the best defenses on the road is complete failure?

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

ej manuel leads a game winning drive!!! locker needs one of those drives to prove he can play. unfortunately we will never get to that point with him.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm curious, has anyone said locker has been a complete failure? Or is this just shortbus being shortbus?

edit: shortbus being shortbus as far as this thread goes.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

They're are blitzing him b/c they know he sucks against the blitz. Just like last year. On a blitz play the Line can only hold up for so long. Jake sees the blitz and panicks and gets happy feet!

Also our WR's are getting open! He just cant hit them!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

EJ played the damn Panthers aka the 26th ranked defense. Jake played the Texans aka the 5th ranked defense.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre suppose to get happy feet when the blitz is coming, should he stand back and try to slid out of the way and wreck his shoulder again?

You'll use any chance you get to knock Jake simply for being a fan favorite, whats the matter with you? Your mama not love you?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He is supposed to remain poised and throw an accurate pass. Happy feet is never good for a qb b/c then he throws off balance and makes inaccurate throws like he has been doing his whole career! I like Jake and I want him to succeed but unless he improves his accuracy (which I wont say is impossible b/c VY managed to do it) he will never succeed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar