Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Our play calling lead to a lot of punts yesterday. The defense was great but we left them on the field to long running of tackle on first and second down was very disappointing to me. Like herm Edwards said " you play to win the game!" Our offensive play calling was for us not to lose the game. I am shocked that we are so much better on defense than the preseason my hats off to Greg williams

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

i completely agree especially with the fact that we really played not to loose and we lost. That is my biggest pet peeve....

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd say if we are 3-4 going into the bye week and Locker is still inconsistent and getting rattle by the blitz to the point were he is missing wide open guys then we need to plug Fitzpatrick into the lineup for the St. Louis game.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bottom line for me is that the coaching staff called the perfect play, in the perfect situation, to give Locker the perfect chance to win the game and he blew it. You expect more from a third-year QB drafted in the top 10.

He makes that pass and we're talking about how Locker is growing and becoming the clutch QB the team needs regardless of the rest of the game he had.

The pressure on Locker going into next Sunday is going to be the most he's had yet. I'm confident he can rise to the occasion based on a few outstanding passes he made yesterday but it's time for him to prove he can get it done.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. DJB

DJB Starter

I've been a Locker supporter but he's starting to lose me. You have to be at least more on target than not.....with Locker its a coin flip if his throws will be where they need to be or not. He started losing me last season when he completely missed Taylor Thompson running all alone for what would have been a long TD (I forgot the game). It was like a 20 yard pass with no defenders...Jake threw it way over his head. The frustrating thing is this team finally has skill all over the place and the QB isn't making it work. I think part of the conservative play-calling is caused by lack of faith that Jake can make the necessary throws.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we have the talent on offense and defense.... we just need a qb that can be just a bit more than a game manager, be a real leader of the team!

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Third-year QB in this context is in relative terms. He is technically a 1 year QB with two games into his second year, given his amount of experience in games and starts. Looking at it from that perspective makes it easier to accept Locker especially given his recent improvements.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

problem here is you have so many young qb's that came out hot. qb's coming in to the league are coming in more prepared... do you stay with him or start over?

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is the exact page that I am on. Locker is average right now, should we make a change already? No. However, I simply expect more from a third-year QB drafted in the top 10. Bring on the excuses of "his OL sucked", "he's always injured", or "he doesn't have that many career starts". After two full years in the league, you think he'd start to put it together. He improved from Week 1 to Week 2, hopefully he keeps that going.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I hate the "in games started he's only a rookie" line. This is still his 3rd year as an NFL player. His 3rd year being coached up by NFL coaches. His 3rd year playing against/practicing with NFL competition. To say "he's basically a rookie" is a sham.

He's been a disappointment no matter how you slice it.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar