Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,212
    Mark my words, in the NFL, Locker will have a better completion percentage, and will take less hits.

The thing people need to realize is that before January 2011, Locker has never been able to devote 100% of his time to football, now that he graduated, he can. He's able to really hone his QB skills, and clean up the sloppy stuff.
  2. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    Possible smokescreen, but if we draft Locker, don't expect 60+ completion % every year. Like I've said before, I think his stats will be comparable to Kerry's.
  3. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    Rich Gannon was talking about Locker on the Sirius Blitz the other day, said he really liked him and believed his accuracy issues could be fixed. He went into detail about why but I got a phone call and missed most of it. I know he said he believes Locker needs to sit a year to get his footwork right, and learn to read NFL Ds properly to make the correct reads.
  4. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,355
    Out of all the QB's I'll take Locker no doubt now.

Trade our 1st to the Rams for their 1st and 3rd. Take a DE (Bowers, Watt, Smith) with the 1st pick then trade our 2nd and the Rams 3rd back into the 1st round (probably Seattle from the rumors of them wanting picks) and take Locker.
  5. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,355
    As far as accuracy concerns, does he have them yes? Do the stats lie sometimes? Yes. The guy was working with a terrible OL and WR core, of course his stats aren't going to be that good. Someone posted a stat that the Washington WR's were like top 5 in drops since Locker became the starter. Don't quote me on that but we all know he wasn't exactly working with all-pac 10 players there. With his abilities and mindset of always working hard and trying to get better he can be a very good QB.
  6. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,878
    Locker is not going to be there at #25. There's no way the Redskins, Vikings, Dolphins, Jags, Patriots, Colts, and Eagles all pass on him.

I know I may have just shocked some folks by throwing the Pats, Colts, and Eagles into that mix, but the fact is their QBs are getting old and don't have many years left in this league.

Locker is exceptional when throwing on the run, but needs to learn how to throw from the pocket more effectively. I can only imagine how good he could become after sitting on the bench behind Manning or Brady for a few years.
  7. Titanic_Sub Starter

Moolah:
    $1,128
    If we think Locker is a franchise QB, or we just feel the need to get a QB and he's our dude I believe we'd take the slight reach and take him at 8. Sorta like the Jets and Sanchez, if there's someone you really like, especially a QB, you pull the trigger imo.
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833

I wouldn't worry about that. If Miami wants him at 15 they can have him. I'm fine for getting Locker in rd 2 but don't consider him that great a prospect to take at 8 or 14.

My biggest worry about trading back would be of Watt or Kerrigan are still there.

That said if we did trade back to 14 and did take Locker i would respect their decision and assume it was a well researched decision and the fact we got the guy they wanted and got some extra picks as well would be good.
  9. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Miami taking a QB at 15? Hilarious since they used 3 2nd rd picks in recent years on Qbs. Beck, Henne, White.

So please by all means let them have Locker at 15 so they can get another average QB!
  10. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    I think that should be a argument against waiting for round two to draft a QB. Miami has waited three years in a row to take a QB in round one and they are still having issues.

If you see a guy you think can lead your team then you have to take him regardless of where he is predicted to go because odds are if you see those qualities then so does someone else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.