Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

1. Sure he threw for 3500 ydss, but lets put that into perspective. This is a year where Qbs have thrown for more yards than they ever have. 3 Qbs threw for over 5000 yds. Something else is playing a factor into this, whether it be rule changes, shortened offseason, or just more emphasis on the passing game. But Hass had 65% of the yards that the Top passer had. Cam Newton (A ROOKIE) threw for over 4000 yds. Andy Dalton (A ROOKIE) threw for 3400 yds.

Two other QBs that I don't consider to be very good are Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez. They threw for 3600 and 3450 respectively. This was not your average year for passing statistics.

2. I think you just ignored my reference to the Colts dropping a HoF QB to go with an unproven rookie who has not shown any flashes. Is it bc Luck is better than peyton, or is it bc Luck is the future? Luck is the future just like Locker.

3. And I am not a Hasselbeck hater. I think he did a good job as the stop gap esp given the circumstances. But I would just rather to see Locker start. He is going to have growing pains, but better to get them out of the way sooner than later. Plus he brings more energy and excitement to the team.

4. No argument there

5. VY was very talented, but he had no head on his shoulders. I think it is safe to say Locker has a completely different personality that VY.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Peyton Manning had a $28 million bonus that was about to be due. Hasselbeck doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I want Locker to start but also think it's Hasselbeck's job to lose. Unless Locker outperforms the crap out of him, I expect to see Hasselbeck starting on day 1.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

All I ask is that there be a fair trial.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. That's why Manning was let go... not because Luck is the future. Luck might break his leg in camp.

And we don't know if anyone is different mentally from VY until they're in the same situation. He seemed normal at first.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Now you are arguing for the sake of arguing ... you don't really believe that do you?

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure these criticisms are valid. Locker threw 0 interceptions. His pocket presence was very good a lot of the time. Accuracy and completion percentage both need work, but the QB you are describing sounds much more like Blaine Gabbert than the Locker the rest of us saw. I thought he showed tons of potential. I fully expect him to win the starting job outright.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

No. Luck is the future and you can save 28M in the process.

Also say the colts say had then 10th pick. Indy i would assume would pay peyton the money.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

People started to turn on Hasselbeck when he was clearly too injured to be playing. No way he should have started that game against the Colts and he probably should have sat after hurting his elbow against the Falcons.

When Hasselbeck was healthy he was easily the best QB this franchise has had since 2004.

I'm all for Locker starting if he earns it.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There will be a QB battle in training camp, whoever wins will be the starter as it should be.

At this point, I'd say Hass is the starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar