Jake Locker's Time?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

When do you think it will be time for Locker to take the reigns? You think he'll win the job in training camp, sometime during the season, or not at all this year?

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

from Munchs quote it's either he wins it clearly in OTAs mini-camp and training camp...or next year. he wants nnnooo part in a QB controversy. smart coach if you ask me.

so if #10 is your starter week 1, then you'll know.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Week 1 2013.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

hard to win a QB competition when you've got to beat Hasselbeck and the coach...

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I expect him to start at some point this season. I doubt Hasselbeck will be able to start every game again.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I expect him to beat out Hass for the starting job this year. I don't really understand why people think that Munch is so loyal to Hass. Hass started last year, but I really think they just didn't want to rush Jake in especially with the shortened offseason, brand new coaching staff, and 1st year HC. A stable veteran QB to help a young and inexperienced team/coaching staff was very important at the beginning of last year. I think Munch just didn't want a QB controversy later in the year bc we just went through a terrible one the season prior. Munch isn't like Fisher, he won't develop a mancrush on Hass like Fisher did with KFC. He will do what he has done thus far, and play the best player at each position.

There is no denying that Locker is more talented than Hass, and I think that will be clear in TC, but Hass just has the experience. And there is only one way for Locker to get experience.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It all depends on Locker's accuracy. If Locker is sailing passes and showing bad footwork in training camp then it will be Hasselbeck taking the starting job. Locker's foootmork was better IMO last year then what we saw at times in college but he still only posted a 55% completion rating; that will not get it done in the NFL.

I'd say that in a competition that Hasselbeck will look better in OTA's/Training Camp but Locker will have an advantage in the Preseason games. If it's close then I think Locker will get the nod. I am rooting for him to take the job.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I expect Locker to beat him out this off-season and be starting Week 1. Munch says its an open competition and doesn't want to be hearing about a QB battle all year. Also saw that BA is loving Locker... might have an influence on who starts. Silly BA, just write the paychecks and stay away from the team.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Indeed.
    Munchak already loves Hasselbeck. Just by the way he speaks of Hasselbeck makes me a little nauseous sometimes. But I don't hate him for being loyal to Hasselbeck, Hasselbeck is pretty good, and saved us from a rebuilding year. I do expect Locker to play at some point this year and be the guy from there on.

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

His senior year 61 of his incomplete passes were balls that were thrown away due to WR's not being open or drops. Just throwing that out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar