Jake Locker's Time?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

We need to pull a "Carson Palmer" on them and trade him for something crazy like 3 1st's. :ha:

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

as much as i would love to lol i dont think we could even get a 2nd out of hass maybe not even a third and palmer wasnt 37 either ha

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think that with Jake Locker starting we can compete with anybody. We saw that last season. The team seems to rally behind Locker and his mobility just adds another dimension to our offense. I will be highly upset if Locker isn't starting. But hey, I'm just a fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We sure did. Hasselbeck went a full month without a score. I was calling for Locker after that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

I think it comes down to Palmer's call really. Since we, you know, drafted him because our OC highly recommended him and hes pretty much been Palmer's project from day 1.

6. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Watching Jake throw on the run is like a freaking artform, man. Its beautiful. The throws are dead on and 20+ yards deep most of the time.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I kinda feel disconnected to Locker. It seems like most people are really excited about him, and the guy has looked solid. I'm just holding off until I see him play more. If he is a good qb, I will be all for him. If he isn't, then he doesn't get the opportunity to break my heart.

I must be on my period.

Also, VY can diaf.

8. JCBRAVE

I'm starting to feel like Jake is about to set this league on fire in 4 months. Just has to throw 2-3 of those deep TD's to Nate, and Hasselbeck will be forced to watch from the sidelines.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Let me just start by saying that I was not at all a fan of us taking Locker at #8 last year. All I heard about him leading up to the draft was how horrible of a passer he was and how he didn't have what it took to be a solid passer in this league. So when he was announced as the pick, I must admit I literally said WTF!

That said, once I saw him play I was a believer in him. Experts said he had horrible accuracy, no pocket presence, relied too much on his legs and made bad decisions. I saw a guy who not only threw the ball well, stood his ground in the pocket, had a strong arm, killed it with the deep ball, AND was mobile to top it off.

Jake's time is now. Hasselbeck will be a solid backup and should do fine if we needed him to play but it's time to turn it over to Jake.

10. JCBRAVE

We seem to be pretty good pals online, so I feel ok telling you that you were nuts not to love the Locker pick last April. IMO he's the best QB taken since Eli Manning. This is a guy who passed up being the No.1 draft pick twice in his life. Once with MLB then with the NFL in 2010. He's the QB version of Tim Tebow, and I would be stunned if he didn't have multiple 4000-yard seasons, a few All-Pro years, and an MVP award at some point.

I FULLY expect this guy to take our team to a Super Bowl or two, or three. And I'm being dead serious.

I can't recall ever in my life being as excited about a player as I was about us drafting Locker. I literally jumped for joy when I heard who we picked. You wanted Peyton Manning, well to me drafting Jake Locker was better than us getting Peyton this past March.

And when i saw him light it up in garbage time, I smiled cause I knew he could do it. Now watch him do it vs 1's, and with teams game planning for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar