Jake Long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

We should go after him right?

Free agent LT Jake Long says whether or not he remains with the Dolphins is "on them."

"We're going to have to see," Long said when asked if he'd remain in Miami. "The last five years I've really enjoyed being a part of the Dolphins. ... I'd be open to continue my career there, but it's essentially on them, see what they want to do and what direction they want to head in." Publicly putting the onus on the Dolphins is an indication Long isn't interested in any sort of hometown discount. That spells trouble for his Miami future, as the team is reportedly only willing to offer $6-$7 million annually.

Source: NFL.com
    Feb 19 - 4:11 PM​

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Hell yes. But we won't.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Fins could be a team looking to trade up to grab a LT before the Bolts who also have a need at OT.

I'd be happy to move down 2 spots for an extra draft pick

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd like to have him, but he's too expensive. Also we aren't going to cut (or trade) Roos which is what we'd have to do if we signed Long.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We have Roos already....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Is it possible that one of them transition to RT? That isn't to big of a change for these players right?

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I really dont know why we need a top 10 LT when we already have one. Hes most likely to be franchised anyway

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We have Stewart though.

There's no point in replacing our OTs right now. We just need to work on fixing the interior line and maybe draft Roos' and Stewart's replacements next year.

As for the transition... it's tough no matter what, but if you can play LT, you can play RT. It's the switch to LT that's the toughest one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'm just saying. Our OL was awful. If we can build line with studs then why not? We have the cap room.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Fair enough. Wasn't sure how our Tackles were fared this year. I thought I saw rumblings of them not doing well so I figured we would look into getting new tackles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar