Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jake Long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,018
    We should go after him right?

Free agent LT Jake Long says whether or not he remains with the Dolphins is "on them."

"We're going to have to see," Long said when asked if he'd remain in Miami. "The last five years I've really enjoyed being a part of the Dolphins. ... I'd be open to continue my career there, but it's essentially on them, see what they want to do and what direction they want to head in." Publicly putting the onus on the Dolphins is an indication Long isn't interested in any sort of hometown discount. That spells trouble for his Miami future, as the team is reportedly only willing to offer $6-$7 million annually.

Source: NFL.com
    Feb 19 - 4:11 PM
  2. Dirk Diggler Starter

Moolah:
    $835
    Hell yes. But we won't.
  3. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,320
    Fins could be a team looking to trade up to grab a LT before the Bolts who also have a need at OT.

I'd be happy to move down 2 spots for an extra draft pick
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,065
    I'd like to have him, but he's too expensive. Also we aren't going to cut (or trade) Roos which is what we'd have to do if we signed Long.
    cdubbs2121 and Titanup1982 high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    We have Roos already....
    TitansWillWin2 high fives this.
  5. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,018
    Is it possible that one of them transition to RT? That isn't to big of a change for these players right?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,243
    I really dont know why we need a top 10 LT when we already have one. Hes most likely to be franchised anyway
  6. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,065
    We have Stewart though.

There's no point in replacing our OTs right now. We just need to work on fixing the interior line and maybe draft Roos' and Stewart's replacements next year.

As for the transition... it's tough no matter what, but if you can play LT, you can play RT. It's the switch to LT that's the toughest one.
    Titanup1982 high fives this.
  7. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,018
    I'm just saying. Our OL was awful. If we can build line with studs then why not? We have the cap room.
  8. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,018
    Fair enough. Wasn't sure how our Tackles were fared this year. I thought I saw rumblings of them not doing well so I figured we would look into getting new tackles.