Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jake Long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,850
    Well, Roos and Stewart may not be what they used to be, but they're still very good... at least in the top 10 at their positions.
  2. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    I'm waiting for a Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson thread.
  3. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,434
    Careful what you wish for my man haha.
  4. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    I agree with you...Dave Stewart was just as bad(if not worse) than our interior o-line last year. If we could get Jake Long and move Roos to RT and Stewart to RG I think that would be pretty badass
  5. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    If not for Roos, I would be all over this. Now I admit, Roos is on a huge decline, but LT is the least of our concern this offseason.
  6. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Long might be the better RT with Roos at LT and then move Stewart to RG.
    So, are we ready to spend 10-11 mil year on getting a top LT to play RT......really?
    We actually would accomplish the same thing by drafting one of the better OTs (Fisher) or Warmack and guess what, we have that 11 mil a year we didn't spend on Long to spend in FA.
  7. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,047
  8. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,642
    Seriously? I'm not even sure Long's better than Roos. You guys fall for the big names way too much.

Long wants $11 million and now people are saying he isn't even capable of playing LT. Who the hell thinks that's the kind of player the Titans should go after?
    BiscoPhan11 high fives this.
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,121
    Stewart had a shaky start to the year, but he bounced back, then got hurt.

So for him it was a down year, but overall he played well most of the time.

His biggest problem was LeRoy Harris sliding from left guard to right, Harris has no feel for that spot.
  10. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,121
    I once said we should move Stewart inside, but go watch the film, he's making up for what Harris can't do.

Rules say block inside out, and for a Tackle to accomplish this successfully, his guard has to be half good.

Replace Harris with a good player and watch Stewart look great again.