Jake Long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, Roos and Stewart may not be what they used to be, but they're still very good... at least in the top 10 at their positions.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm waiting for a Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson thread.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Careful what you wish for my man haha.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I agree with you...Dave Stewart was just as bad(if not worse) than our interior o-line last year. If we could get Jake Long and move Roos to RT and Stewart to RG I think that would be pretty badass

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If not for Roos, I would be all over this. Now I admit, Roos is on a huge decline, but LT is the least of our concern this offseason.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Long might be the better RT with Roos at LT and then move Stewart to RG.
    So, are we ready to spend 10-11 mil year on getting a top LT to play RT......really?
    We actually would accomplish the same thing by drafting one of the better OTs (Fisher) or Warmack and guess what, we have that 11 mil a year we didn't spend on Long to spend in FA.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Seriously? I'm not even sure Long's better than Roos. You guys fall for the big names way too much.

Long wants $11 million and now people are saying he isn't even capable of playing LT. Who the hell thinks that's the kind of player the Titans should go after?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stewart had a shaky start to the year, but he bounced back, then got hurt.

So for him it was a down year, but overall he played well most of the time.

His biggest problem was LeRoy Harris sliding from left guard to right, Harris has no feel for that spot.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I once said we should move Stewart inside, but go watch the film, he's making up for what Harris can't do.

Rules say block inside out, and for a Tackle to accomplish this successfully, his guard has to be half good.

Replace Harris with a good player and watch Stewart look great again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar