Jameis Winston's interview at the combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

It's going to take more than the combine interview to erase all the off-field crap for me. Anyone can say anything, it's what you actually do that matters. I pray Tampa takes him.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I didn't even watch the interview. It's just a hunch I have.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

That's cool, I just can't stand the thoughts of another immature QB that had plenty of red flags and we ignore them and draft him anyway. My fandom can't take another shot like that...

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

He's sounded like this in most of his interviews at FSU. Not quite sure about the "coaching up" Jameis was given like people are saying. Clearly didn't watch much of the guy.

Now that ESPN and every other news source aren't feeding you guys click bait on false allegations and how he's the next spawn of satan you're going to see he's the #1 clear QB. All the Mariotta nut riders are starting to fall back. All it took was ole Mel and Mcshay to put him #1 on his boards for everyone to simmer down.

I forgot though how no one had a problem with mettenberger or Lewan both class acts heading into the draft...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been getting that feeling for a while too.

Unlike most people who faulted him for the one awful looking play (falling on his ass and fumbling) and said Mariota was clearly better, I couldn't help but notice that Winston, even in defeat, was still a far better NFL prospect than Mariota.

That was the first time I really sat down to evaluate both of them. I was unimpressed with Mariota, and I was impressed with Winston for the most part. Though he did have his fair share of bad throws (about three).

I get this feeling that we are going to look back and really HATE Tampa for being a bunch of b*tched and purposely blowing their 20-7 4th quarter lead against the Saints week 17. And we'll hate Sammie Hill for blocking Scobee's kick.

But about the Bucs tank... It was so obvious. I don't blame them. But at least disguise it better. You know they were holding out hope that the Colts would play their backups and lose to us. When they saw we were down by 10 or whatever at the half, they made the decision to play all their scrubs and lose intentionally because we sucked so bad.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jameis always won the press conferences at FSU. This is nothing new.

And I'll say it again; seems like everyone wants Dorial Green-Beckham. No one wanted Winston in January. DGB has been accused of much worse along with drug citations.

The national narrative wins again.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The rape allegations were never concerning to me. I knew that was all a frame job.

The thing that bothered me was the constant stupid attitude (crab legs and cafeteria) and way too many INTs.

But when I dug deeper, I realized the team he was on this year was nowhere near as good. The protection wasn't as good. His WRs weren't as good. The running game wasn't as good. Etc. You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong on that since you follow the team.

Then when I watched him closer, I liked what I saw. And he reminded me of a combo of Ruthlessraper and McNair.

I think his footwork needs some work and he needs to throw less INTs.

I used to think VY 2.0 due to him being an idiot (not their playing styles), but when I heard he had a 4.0 in high school and could've gone to Stanford, I got a lot less concerned with him being stupid.

Anyways... He's going to Tampa. Oh well.

8. Fry

I've been saying those things since October. Everyone called me a homer. I think I'm pretty fair when it comes to FSU prospects. I'll say it like it is if I don't think they'll excel at the next level.

And you're absolutely right about his footwork. When he misses it's high and he's usually off-balance. But then he'll throw falling down to his left and drop it where only his WR can catch it on the sideline.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see him stink it up tomorrow. From what I've heard(Jesse Palmer and Herm Edwards) he is not a great practice player. Palmer called his first start against Pitt in 2013 and said he was terrible in the practice he watched that week. Herm Edwards was his coach at the UA All America Game and said he was awful all week. Game time comes and he's lights out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He still has a pending civil trial for the same rape case..
    It won't hold up football but there's no way it's not a distraction.

This is the stuff we know about - and the photo could rep any player but when you've already created this much smoke and haven't even put an NFL helmet on.. The question marks are there..

[​IMG]

10. Fry

No he doesn't. That was filed against the university.

I doubt there will ever be a civil case against only him. The same burden of proof is required for a civil case as the Code of Conduct Hearing that was held in November of 2014. Preponderance of evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar