James Casey visiting Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't think Casey is that good. I do agree it's nice to have a backup in case Delanie goes down, but I would think TT would become the receiving TE in that situation. Casey doesn't have that many receptions in his career. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Depending on how the draft shakes out I would go for Jeff Heuerman from Ohio State, if he lasts to the 4th. He is a physical freak, probably would be the number 1 TE in the class. He played all of this year with a really bad foot, wasn't technically supposed to be playing, but his performance suffered and he didn't get as many targets as a result. He is also a very good blocker.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not a bad player, but kinda whiffs on blocks wouldn't you say....

Most TE's these days do, so he's fits the mold of a receiving TE's. I have bigger plans with our 4th rounder tho...

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't know. I'm sick and tired of waiting around on guys. I honestly think that's a pretty big contributing factor to why we're so god awful.

He's a 5th round pick entering his 4th year in the league and he's never made any kind of significant impact whatsoever. We certainly don't owe him anything at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he can't turn out to be a decent TE. I just think that spot is an area where we could definitely use some legitimate competition.

5. JCBRAVE

If you were holding your breath on Thompson before 2014 you were setting up to drown, no way can a DE come in at TE and play at a high level before year-3 in the NFL.

He's JUST now getting to where he's mastered the position, at this point we can begin to think of counting on him, but before last year no way. When talking Thompson, dont even look at pre-2014

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd rather not hold my breath on a 5th round project converting to a different side of the ball, period.

Like I said, I'm not saying just totally give up on the guy. But just handing TT the #2 spot would be a mistake IMO.

7. JCBRAVE

Ill agree with that, but he's certainly worth holding onto, costs nothing also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar