Jared Allen back on the block

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft."

I would trade our first rounder for him in a heartbeat.

Source

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Send them Pac and a four.

3. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

"I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with." - Jared Allen

So why even bother with Minnesota and Tampa Bay? :rolleyes:

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Love to have him here. Adding him to what we got would make us unblockable.KVB,Allen,Haynesworth,Kearse on certain passing downs? The Q.B might as well snap it and spike it cause he aint getting no pass off.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd give up #24 for allen.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Trading a first round pick for Allen is a no brainer. The question is would the FO want to pay Allen as one of the top DEs in the league and still keep AH? IMO that could be a tough call. As dominate as AH is I'd almost rather pay a top level DE if I had to chose between the two because DTs (Maybe not as good as AH) are easier to find and AH does have a problem playing a full season.

7. TorontoTitanFan

We'd have to give up more than just a first rounder. Minnesota and Tampa Bay are the teams mentioned to be in the running, and they both have first rounders that are better than ours.

Though it will never happen, this seems to be a perfect situation to trade Pacman. If Pacman is only worth a 6th to the Cowboys, why not package him with our 1st rounder and try to get Allen? The Chiefs need a CB and our offer of #24 + Pacman would look a lot better than Minnesota's offer of #17.

This would also help us avoid the pressure that will be on whatever player we draft with the 6th rounder we get for Pacman. That guy is basically bound to fail. He'll forever be the guy that we traded Pacman for and I don't think he can succeed with that hanging over his head.

But, as I said before, it will never happen.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

that would be a hard bill to foot - we could front load some contracts with the money we still have

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1st and Pacman?

10. TorontoTitanFan

Are you asking me to give more rationale for why I think this is a good idea, or are you just suggesting the same thing as me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar