Jarrett is SLOW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I know, I believe it's physically impossible to jump a 60" vertical (didn't Michael Jordan have like a 48"?), but you get the point. It was misleading a bit, but that jump is amazing :lol:

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might have been Spud Webb that had the 48" vertical

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, that pretty much puts that argument to rest.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

1. OK, but he is somewhat a product of the system. Dwyane Bowe was buried under LSU's ridiculous depth at the start of his career. Meachem struggled as UT's offense was in transition. Both had excellent years in only their 3rd year in college, though.
    2. Arguable. I'd say that both Meachem and especially Bowe are in that conversation as well, though.
    3. 36 inch vertical is mediocre for a wideout
    4. Same could be said about Meachem and Bowe.

Ginn is the least of the "first round" receivers to me.

Chow knows him, yes. But Chow isn't a professional scout, either. His bias doesn't lend well to evaluation.

Why shouldn't he be called a possession receiver? You said yourself that he has great hands. By his 40 and 3 cone drills, we can see that he is slow. That spells possession receiver to me. That's not necessarily a negative, but it's always better to be fast and still be able to catch hah.

I'm interested to know how you would rate the top receivers: CJ, Bowe, Meachem, Jarrett, Rice, and Ginn. It's kinda funny because I remember a few months ago an Ohio State fan told me that Gonzalez might be better than Ginn and I said he was insane, but I think I like Gonzalez better than Ginn and maybe Rice and Jarrett as well.

4. gonzalez was overshadowed by ginn, because ginn is an absolute speed demon, gonzalez is like a 4.3 guy that can catch

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ever seen Tyrus Thomas jump? Dude looks like he will never come back down.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you sure? They had Pacman listed at 5'11 or 5`10 (can't remember). He is clearly not either of them

7. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

CJ, absolute ideal prospect. Speed, size, hands, blocking.

Bowe, good speed, good hands, won't shy away from a catch across the middle or putting his head down for a block. I really like this guy too.

Meachem, I've not heard a whole lot about him until people from Tennessee started really talking about him through some of these boards. Then he ran a great combine (worse than he was boasting) and stock has taken off. I've heard concerns from Vol fans about his consistency. Heard he's dropped a few key balls in key games, but I have no first hand knowledge.

Rice, another I've not watched throughout the year until about the end. Appears to have good speed, good hands, can make the acrobatic catch when needed. Not enough research to make judgment on him personally.

Ginn, I don't know where to start with this guy. He's a great athlete. His speed is something that can't be taught. He can blow by just about anyone he wants with ease. He's a more raw receiver since he played more DB in High School (which is the position he was drafted for until Freshman year he got switched). He has also expressed he wouldn't mind playing some DB again. Hard to find pure athletes like him, although that doesn't mean he will be a great WR either.

8. CJ and Bowe are the best fits for us IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar