Jarrett is SLOW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Remember he is only 20..

And he might have the best hands of any WR in the draft. I read that at pro day pete carroll played scouts video of jarrett in practices making great catches.

I looked up his player card and saw he was born 9/11/86. Despite breaking all those school records this is still a really young guy. He can get better and stronger.

It's a horrid thought but don't be surprised to see indy get him.

2. why would indy get him, marvin harrison still has a few really good years as well as reggie wayne

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

3rd receiver since they cut Stokely loose

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

You don't take a third reciever in the first round, even though their pick might as well be a second rounder, they have more pressing needs, like almost every position on D aside from FS and DE

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch...

They wouldn't be drafting him to be a 3rd Wr forever. Marvin harrison is almost 35 years old. Even wayne will be 29 in november. It normally takes a year for Wrs to catch on anyway so in a couple of years he would start.

Heck the rams are paying drew bennett $6M a year to be a third WR but they plan on him being a #2 in a year or 2. Same situation there.

The colts need a #3 Wr and if jarrett is the real deal they would be unstoppable.

We are talking about a young guy here. Jarrett is only 20. By the time he becomes a starter he would only be 22 or 23.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unstoppable? At best he'd put up Stokely numbers, in which ever year, they were stoppable.

They wouldn't be stupid enough to think they could get so lucky that the defense, without a top 3 player now in Cato June, could get them to the superbowl and win it again.

They need defense, they will go defense.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Bowe and Meachem have the same sort of production (or in the same ballpark) but also tested well. Bowe was a little slow but he's also huge. So the question isn't whether we are underrating him, but who exactly would you put him ahead of? To me, I'm not gambling on any receivers that can't run when their primary job is to GET OPEN. I'm also not gambling on any receivers that can't catch. (sidebar incoming) Most people seem to think that players can't improve their speed but they can improve catching. I think that's retarded. What can you do to improve your catching that you haven't already done by the time you enter the draft? The only way to improve catching is by catching. Some people have the hand-eye coordination and others don't. It's as inherit as speed is imo and that's why so many "high potential" guys bust at WR. But anyways, that has nothing to do with anything but is nonetheless befuddling to me.

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Wait, are you saying Jarrett can't catch? Wow. That guy can't do ANYTHING. He is slow, runs bad routes, can't get off press coverage, can't catch, can't jump. I wonder if he can even put on his own uniform.

Definitely the most dominant uncoordinated invalid I have ever seen.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

bowe would be the best pick at the wide out spot, ginn is still a ? because of that injury he suffered in the national championship and Jarrett, i think he left to early and wont be effective in the NFL

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

But they've got a team that can be great now if they put the right pieces in place on defense. When you've got as many pieces of the puzzle as the Colts did (they are the defending Champs) you don't build for the future, you try to keep what you have going. Right now their main holes are on defense, it wouldn't surprise me to see them grab a WR in rd 3 or 4 that can develop into their next #2 (as Wayne takes over as #1) but not in rd 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar