Jarrett is SLOW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

that statement right there shows me you have never seen Jarrett play...

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

its almost a consensus between scouts and experts that Jarrett has the best hands in the draft...

3. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

The best hands go something like:

David Ball - New Hampshire (lol)
    Johnson
    Jarrett

Rice (on Johnson and DJ's level for jump balls and circus catches)

Meach

Bowe (but has concentration lapses)

Ginn

Hill and Allison also have very good hands

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch..

The colts have a whole draft to meet their needs. They could use 3 of their next 5 picks on linebackers. I'm not saying for sure they would draft a WR but if a guy like jarrett is there they might go for him.

Sure if a guy like beason is there they likely take him but not all linebackers are a good fit for that system. They might wait to draft quincy black in rd 2. Guys with 4.7+ speed are not the best fit for them.

5. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i say we take meachem or bowe and see if ted ginn jr slips 2 the 3rd b/c of his injuries [doubtful] but possible

6. i dont think that there is any way possible that he is going to fall to the 3rd, i think that he is going to be picked up in the first because of his game changing ability

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I never said that Jarrett couldn't catch. You might want to google sidebar before you post.

I did say that he isn't fast.

8. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

He did run faster than Chad Johnson before he was drafted (he looks pretty fast out there), and Jarrett ran the 40 with a slight incline that had wind gusts. Who cares what his timed speed is, the guys scores an average of over 1 TD per game for 3 seasons had ~60yard TD catches, this year Calvin Johnson beat him by 4 yards.

Remember Calvin Johnson ran an awesome 40, but look at the long receptions for the year... Jarrett's sophmore year is more productive than Johnson's Junior year (last year), and only beat him out this year because he was injured. He had 6 less catches and 3 less TDs.

Dwayne Jarrett
    2004 55 849 15.4 57 13td
    2005 91 1274 14.0 61 16td
    2006 70 1015 14.5 62 (On Leon Hall right?) 12td

Calvin Johnson
    2004 48 837 17.4 51 7td
    2005 54 888 16.4 59 6td
    2006 76 1202 15.8 66 15td

Jarrett is known for producing in the big game situations, which something we could really use. Please let Jarrett drop to us :)

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There's no doubt that he was a productive college player. I don't see how that shows anything about his speed though. There is always someone that runs over a 4.7 who is amazingly productive in college. How many of them work out in the NFL? Again, citing 3 or 4 players isn't any sort of proof that it's smart to take slow players. On average, faster players perform better.

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

CJ also had Reggie Ball at QB :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar