Jarrett is SLOW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bulluck4dMVP, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I've been saying that for months, the stat guys would go nuts :ha:

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Jarrett isnt 6'6 or 6'5 hes 6'4 at most

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

NFL.com's prospect profile for him lists him as 6'5, and that should be a pretty unbiased source Link

4. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

He's every bit of 6'5" if you look at him. Long arms too and big hands. Speedster no, but he can catch the ball and score.

You suggesting that Jarrett can't put on 10-20 lbs to be as "large" as Plaxico? They all get bigger in the NFL from working out.

He's be 1" shorter, a couple lbs lighter and run FASTER, since Jarrett got a 4.62 . He's in the same ball park with the 40 yard dash as other top end WR, his 20 yard shuttle was right around everyone else too. I didn't get to watch his 3 cone, could it be possible he had a bad run on that drill? Not everyone is great at drills.

P.S. He ran faster than Fitz 4.63 > Jarrett 4.62. Here's from NFL.com about USC's workouts past 2 years, just goes to show times mean nothing.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6'4 219.

That's the nfl combine numbers and they are without question accurate..

It is a valid point that a big WR like this doesn't need as much speed.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Not really. I'm suggesting that he may or may not get slower from adding weight. Therefore, I will only compare the numbers as they stand now. Besides that, Burress was the same size at the combine as he is now so it lends well to a direct comparison.

Where do you see that? I am seeing that Burress ran a 4.6 at the combine even being an inch or two taller and at least 15 pounds heavier.

I don't know what the deal with his time was. Even taking a bad run into account, that is a HUGE disparity. A receiver should never have an agility drill compared unfavorably to players that weigh 40+ lbs more than them.

Well, roughly even. I also read that some scouts had him at 4.64 and 4.65, but I would surrender that since it doesn't really have anything to do with Jarrett being slow.

As far as the tracks...

The USC track is fast. Electronic timing adds time, yes, but running on a fast track negates that. As far as the incline and wind, the scouts thought it was a nonfactor so I guess we can only take their word for it since we have no idea how much wind or how much incline that means.

I want to know why you would consider Jarrett a better prospect than either Meachem or Bowe. Both Meachem and Bowe tested better and had comparable statistics. Both are solid catching the ball, have more than solid size, and have no character issues or negative rumors swirling around them. It seems obvious to me that if you have other prospects that are everything Jarrett is and then some (testing much better), they would be better overall prospects.

7. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

1. 3 Good years, not 1.
    2. Arguable best hands in the draft
    3. Great Leaper with body control
    4. Makes big plays in big games consistantly

I don't know a lot about Meachem, and Bowe I'd want if we didn't get Jarrett. Bowe isn't flashy, but he's a good run blocker (which Jarrett is not, I'll admit) and he's got the frame to take a shot. I won't sell Ginn short either, he could be great in the NFL with his speed.

I have seen way too many one handed catches and him jumping over people, not only in games, but in practice also, the past 3 years that I don't see how he can be questioned. He runs about the same as a few pro bowlers as mentioned (Chad Johnson, Boldin and Fitz just to name the couple from previous statements). He's familiar with Chow and respects him a lot, which could work to our benifit. Chow has seen what he can and can't do.

I'm not really set on one of the WR in this draft, there's many that can fill our need, but I don't see how Jarrett can't be seen as more than a posession receiver as some people and analysts have claimed. He gets down the field, makes the catch and usually scores. Why wouldn't we want that?

I'm just glad this decision isn't mine come April 28th when we're on the clock :)

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 tone..

Have to call you on the great leaper attribute. His vertical was mediocre. :))

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Watch some game tape, not jumping strait up, but jumping toward the sidelines to make a catch, jumping over someone to snag the ball. Plus being 6'5" (or 6'4") jumping with his arm length and 36.5" vert that'd put him around 12-13 feet in the air to catch the ball.

A great leaper doesn't have to have a 60 inch vertical like Adrian Wilson :lol: (if you haven't seen his vert go look at it on youtube it's rediculous).

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I assume you're refering to this:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vL19q8yL54"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vL19q8yL54" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Just so you know, that's not exactly the vertical they do for pre-draft workouts, that's more of a hurdle, this is what the vert looks like:
    (it's Brian Leonard's combine workout, the first minute is the vert)
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i13HSZDabWI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i13HSZDabWI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Don't get me wrong, Adrian Wilson's jump was impressive, but calling it a vertical jump is a bit misleading, it's more of a hurdle, notice Wilson takes a running start, while at the combine it's a standing vertical, also the measuring point is different, Wilson just jumps over the hurdle, while in workouts prospects are measured by how high they can get a hand. As I said, Wilson's jump was impressive, but it's not the same as the vertical jump numbers you will see from pro-day and other work-outs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar