Jarvis Moss

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FLTitansfan, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's a shame for him on the medical. But he chose to do the MJ.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I re-watched the BCS game tonight and the kid has skills. Good speed rush, showed a spin move, and dropped back into coverage well several times. It wasn't like he had some major abdominal surgery. My understanding is that it was more exploratory in nature to help diagnose the infection he had.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

see Jimmy Smith...........his first surgery was minor too...........and he developed adhesions...........and guess what...........Moss has been in the Universities hospital twice for the same issue................it will bother some teams.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Let it bother some teams. It wouldn't bother me at all. It isn't like having adhesions is a type of thing that will shorten ones career like having a bad knee. Adhesions are a nuisance and inconvience. They won't affect his performance on the field one bit. If he happens to develop torsion then you scope and untwist. The recovery would be easier than an appendectomy. Since it is a known problem he should never get into the situation where he develops ischemic bowel and that is what you worry about.

My guess is that if Moss runs better than 4.7 that he goes top 15

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

good grief, Moss's stock is soaring up fast- he had a great NC game and he is shooting up fast- I think people will get over the high, and then will come his interviews, tests, checkups, and whatnot, and I think he'll end up being a solid 2nd rounder- but talking about how a great NC game helps you- he was graded as a 2nd-3rd rounder before the game, now a lot of people are saying he's top 20...

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Moss is overrated, he might be very good if he can add weight, but right now he is too light to be an impact player. Put it this way, I would take Tim Crowder over Moss and I would not take Crowder with anything above a late second round pick.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Kearse was very light for an NFL DE and made a huge impact and set a record for sacks for a rookie DE so I don't see weight as a problem. He has the frame to put on more weight at 6'6 about 260. He's buitl a little like Kiwanuka more finesse and speed but with some weight and strength put on could be a force.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Just because Moss went to the same school as Kearse does not make him Kearse. Moss played one season for Florida where he did anything. Crowder was a 3 year starter for Texas and twice a nomonee for college football's top DE (Hendricks award). And Like I said I wouldn't take Crowder above the 2nd round.

9. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Moss will likely be picked as a 3-4 OLB

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Right now Moss is about 6'5" and a half and about 250lbs and is expected to run a 4.60. That's undersized with a fast 40 for a DE. If he can weigh in at Indy at 260 and still run a 4.6, then he'll have a chance to go late rnd one but most likely his best case scenario is rnd 2 due to medical red flag and drug use.

Kearse was 6'6", 262lbs and ran a 4.4...which is fast for a WR or CB!!! Hence the nickname...the Freak!

Moss isn't a freak, just a fast and very undersized DE. He either bulks up to play DE or drops to rnd 3 or 4 and gets drafted as a project rush LB in a 3-4 D.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar