Jarvis Moss

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FLTitansfan, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Actually, Moss led Florida in sacks last year while only playing in pass rushing situations. He played full time this year. Moss is underweight, but he actually put on about 20-30 lbs in a short amount of time before last season. If he maintains his speed as he puts on weight (and I think he will) he is going to be a great blitz guy. He is far from a complete DE, but you could say that about many guys at any position that go 1st round. These guys are getting drafted in many ways based on potential, and I think we'll see at the combine that this guys ceiling is about as high as any of the other DE's in the draft. As bongo pointed out he did test+ for MJ, and he has had some minor health issues. However, I think he still goes 1st round or early 2nd. If we go S or WR 1st round and he is still available with our 2nd rounder, I think you got to give him a hard look.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Wheaties...

Moss better be chowing down, running and lifting. I don't think he'll go in rnd 1, but he'll have a shot if he runs a 4.6 and weighs 260+lbs. His inconsistency, size, drug use, and medical flag should knock him into rnd 2 (or possibly 3 depending on his combine). But yes, we could consider him there, but he's also similar to Laboy who we also took in rnd 2 who was undersized with excellent speed so that could scare us off. Of course, Reese won't be making the pick so you never know.

Personally, I don't think we'd take him when we can get a DE in free agency and pick a more known commodity in rnd 2.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar