Jason Babin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I know the exact plays you're talking about. They were back-to-back draw plays to Ricky Williams. In Babin's defense, he was pulled between plays and Dave Ball did the same exact thing. The whole defense lacked discipline.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Just playing devil's advocate here, but how much of his poor play against the run can be attributed to Cecil's poor defensive schemes? Cecil had him playing way outside the tackles for the most part with one job, to rush the passer. The thing about that is, if you're coming around trying to get to the QB, stopping the run is obviously going to suffer.

I'm not saying I want him back, but we definitely need help at DE (assuming Jason Jones doesn't move outside from DT) and he may be the best option.

I don't think the salary cap argument is a good one because if the CBA goes through, they're talking about having a salary cap minimum as well, where teams would have to pay 93% of the salary cap at a minimum. So if we have to spend money, we might as well do it at positions of need.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're asking for trouble lining up in a 9-technique. That is all on Cecil. He should have known better than to put that kind of pressure on McRath & Hope. They can't clean up Babin's mess, and IMO that's on the DC.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That's Washburns style. He gets high motor players and basically tells them go get the QB. Its the reason why Jevon Kearse was so good. He lets players use their sheer talent.

And JCBRAVE your probably right. I just don't like the guy at all. When i saw him Do his stupid pose at the end of that Hou game, i was disgusted.

I honestly just plain don't like the guys attitude and just think he is ovverrated. He won't fit good here anyway because we are now going to have our players play disciplined, something he won't do well. And we need our line to stop the run. Something he won't do in the 9 because just like KVB he will just leave a massive gap for the RB to go through.

5. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

High five if I could. This guy had an above average season for himself, but thats about it. No way he needs 3+ mill. He has not proven last season wasnt a fluke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar