Jason Babin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Witherspoon was pretty solid all year, he digressed as the year progressed, but the same can be said for the entire team. Cut? No, that is absolute nonsense, who do you want starting?:rolleyes:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

different players who are not proven failures at their position.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm thinking the same thing. I'd be cool with signing him on a reasonable 3 or 4 year deal but I wouldn't pay top dollar or get into a bidding war with anyone for him. He did great last season and deserves to get paid. I can't blame him one bit for that. I just don't know if he's gonna be a good fit in Gray's defense. It sounds like Coach Gray's gonna want good run stopping DEs and Babin didn't really do too well there. He was good off the edge and got after the QB but I don't remember him being a very strong tackler against the running game.

I don't see him pulling an AH because he comes off as a guy who works hard and is willing to bust his @$$. That's what I like the most about him, he's not the strongest or the quickest but he has a ton of heart.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK about that, he's been playing for 8 years in the NFL and with that kind of time, if taken seriously, he might actually be one of the stronger guys playing.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I read an article recently (can't remember where) that was talking about how Babin was way better against the run than the Titans could have ever hoped for, and that he actually ranked I think 9th in the NFL in their run stopping DE's for the 2010 season. I'm not sure how they come up with those rankings though.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

watch the Miami game from 2010 and tell me Babin is anything but terrible against the run. He does not stay home and allows tons of plays in the space he vacates for no gain other than the few steps he takes towards the QB

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

See I was thinking the exact same thing. That's why I was so surprised when reading that article.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Man i hope that bum leaves and goes to another team. He will only flourish in a system like ours. He goes anywhere but Phi and he will be a bum once again. He has one good year and instead to being humble and staying loyal to the team that gave him his second shot. He decides he wants to follow the money. To hell with him.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do you really have such hard feelings towards the guy? Put yourself in his shoes. He knows the scheme will now be different in TN. He's got no choice but to follow the money, he will never get this shot again. I don't blame him at all for considering to leave TN so he can be financially set for many many years.

Say he does show us some loyalty and drop his asking price, who's he showing it to? Both Fisher and Washburn are gone, Cecil is gone too. He's only worth something to those 2-3 guys. Us fans don't really want him, at least not bad enough to recommend he gets paid $4M+/yr like he's likely to ask for.

The only way I'll begin to dislike him is if he does get re-signed, and hurts our salary cap (assuming there is one in 2011). He can come back for his same 2010 price but with some years attached. I'd be okay with that, but he's got to play DE and not OLB. I have a feeling Bush will want to toy with him out at OLB, and that will not work.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar