Jason Jones #9 flex guy....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know if that term exists but i'll make it up. We typically keep 9 D-linemen and one of those guys is a guy who can play both inside or outside in case we have a need due to injury.

Douzable was signed to be that guy and Sheppard has been that guy in the past but why not spend a little extra to get Jones back?

The amazing thing about JJ is that he is still just 26 years old. We know he has uncommon athletic ability and speed for an inside player and while his pass rush skills were not adequate for a starting DE he plays the run well on the outside.

Jones was a backup for the Seahawks and i doubt they will offer much to keep him. He did have 3 sacks in limited duty.

We need some pass rush help inside he does provide that for very little and he is still very young.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When he left for seattle i said hed be back for just this type of thing. Im all in on this

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think the general idea was that he gets too banged up playing on the inside. Plus, I would hate to see a scenario where Klug and Jones somehow manage to be our starting DTs.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

True, but that was in a starting role. If he came in and was just a rotational guy, then he would probably be ok playing inside.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

i was refering to possible injuries

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah me too ... he was getting banged up playing inside on a full time basis. I'm saying if he is a depth guy rather than a starter, he will be taking less snaps and will avoid the wear and tear of the season.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You didn't pay enough attention to my post. I was talking about him as a depth guy only not a starter at all.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Obviously i made the mistake of starting this thread in the wrong place. TJ i'm sure will move it to the titanstalk boards.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

and you didn't pay enough attention to my second post.

We already have a small defensive tackle that is good against the pass. What we need to do is just find a capable full time starter and rotate Casey and Martin and be done with the line. The last thing we need are more rotational guys. I am sure Klug could play end if the need ever came up.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

sorry, what I am trying to get across is *if* Martin and Casey both went down with injuries, we would be left with Klug and Jones as starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar