Jason Jones!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I would say that there are probably 20+ QBs in the NFL that are better passers than VY has shown himself to be at this point. If he can ever get into the top 5/10 and still be mobile, he will be awesome.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Kind of like how you get whiney because other people have opinions different from you?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, more like you whine because I - as usual - have a level head and you - as usual - complain we got a guy you never heard of.

But if you want to use your completely wrong example to try and prove a point which you actually cannot prove, then go right ahead. I'll be right here to prove you wrong again and again, trust me, it doesn't get boring. You should try being right once in awhile, you might actually like it if you'd just think things through.

4. Alex1939

Can you find a post where I said we should never have drafted Jason Jones?

I think I said back around the draft that I thought he'd be available a round later, possibly. But i don't ever remember saying we shouldn't have ever drafted him, although he isn't the first dt/de that I would have prefered.

Still, I thought we should draft a DE/DT early in the draft, so I was happy we at least targeted the position.

Oh, as for my wrong example:

You whine any time Ewker posts a negative comment about VY.

You whine when Rolltide says CJ won't be special.

You whine when I (or anyone else) criticizes our draft, whether it's the player or the strategy.

You whine during many of Gloat's posts.

You don't really debate the points, you just whine because people aren't overly positive about all things Titans, or because you don't feel any average fan can have a valid opinion, that only the paid professionals can.

Hell, you whined when I complemented Washington's draft, even after you said they had a great draft only a day or two before.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I love this kid. He has a great attitude and with his intelligence and mindstate, will be a star in this league.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Okay, time to school you.

Find me a post where I said you did? Learn to differentiate between a general comment and a comment made specifically to you.

Wrong. All he does is come here to bash Vince Young. That makes him a troll and I let him know.

Wrong. I tell him the same thing I tell you. Watch the guy play before judging.

Wrong. Read above.

Wrong. Doesn't this get boring?

lol, wrong again. But I'd really like you to prove that paragraph.
    Paid professionals? I put my trust in the Titans front office and scouting because it is their job. I don't know what your job is (other than to ***** because we didn't get a guy you've seen play once) but like I've told you again and again, judging a draft before seeing them play is the stupidest thing anyone can do.

You don't like a draft strategy, fine. Go ahead. But to criticise a player before playing is stupid. Just like many were criticising the Griffin pick last year, where are they now?

They drafted need and did it all in the second round. I don't know how they will turn out as players, I just know they got what they needed.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Seems as if Gunny whines alot.:))

8. Alex1939

Repeatedly saying "you are wrong" isn't schooling me.

hmmm, the previous post in this thread states:

"No, more like you whine because I - as usual - have a level head and you - as usual - complain we got a guy you never heard of."

It's clear you directed the comment towards me. So where are you refering to the "we got a guy you never heard of". Since this is a Jason Jones thread, it would make sense that you were refering to him in context. If not, I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Which is whining in my book.

Wow, all I said is some of us actually have watched these guys during college football. So we have seen them. And are you implying no one should comment positively or negatively on a player before they play in the NFL? Cause that's pretty damn stupid.

None of that changes the fact you do whine as much as anyone, just about different things. You whined all draft day about posters that belittled our draft. And you don't think you've ever whined about a Gloat post? I don't know what you call it.

Is this a joke? Who have I been *****ing about us not drafting? Point me to one player that I've overly complained that we didn't draft. And to say I've seen them play once? What do you have to back that up?

Clearly judging a draft before seeing players play isn't the stupidest thing in the world. Mel Kiper makes a damn good living off of it, regardless of what I think of some of his opinions. Other professional sports writers are in part, paid to cover the draft and offer opinions. I like to hear from fans of other teams, particularly non SEC teams, regarding players they may have watched more than me, and their take on whether or not the player will be successful.

What players have I criticized? Show me where I overly complained about any individual players, and not just the draft strategy. I did complain about Craig Stevens, but that was about the hype and comparisons people were making, and the fact I don't feel TE was much of a need at that point. But it was far from saying the player would suck or never contribute as a pro.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=36411

My point is that you gave Washington praise, and a few days later once I commented about liking their draft, you responded with "Remember that in three years and see what you say." Seems like a nice flip flop just to whine and talk **** towards me.

I don't see how any of this makes you less of a whiner. You just whine about different things than those of us who "whine" about players or strategy.

And I would've thrown out "whining" from the get go, and call it discussing, but it seems that anything critical to you is whining, so that's how I'm defining it here.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Time to take this to PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar