Jason La Canfora says Titans coaches want Dalton, Fairley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We actually prove this to be true year after year...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've been on record saying the Titans have some of the WORST scouts alive today. So yea I think many of us here are just as good maybe better than the paid professionals in Nashville. I'm a paid professional too, just not at wasting draft picks.

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Camp Fodder

The Titans never found a fit replacement for Glen Cumbee after he died. He was a terrific scout and left a huge void when he died way too young of a heart attack.

4. amy

amy Starter

Yeah, but they probably got it from LaC. Why do people believe these talking heads anyhow? Who is the 'insider' that LaC. knows so very well? probably some janitor at the complex.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The last time 5 Qbs were taken in rd 1 was in 1999. On average 3 Qbs have been drafted in the first rd in the last 10 drafts. Often only 1 QB and in some cases no Qbs taken in rd 2.

Why would a team take a guy in rd 1 if they have a 3rd rd grade on him? This is a real deep draft at some positions especially defensive line. How could anybody think that Locker or Dalton are worth a top 10 pick? Dalton is maybe as good a prospect as rex Grossman was when he was picked 22nd. Locker is maybe as good as Kyle Boller when picked at 19. Kevin Kolb was a 36th pick neither of those guys has better tools than him. The notion we better jump on these guys just because we are afraid that all the 3rd rd caliber guys will be gone is insane.

Look at 2007 when Russell came off first and the next QB wasn't until 22nd(Quinn). Quinn could have gone in rd 7 and he still would have been a wasted pick.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The last QB we drafted in the first had no heart, now we might draft one with no soul?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

24 more hours until we don't have to hear about why Rolltide thinks Cam Newton is the best football player to ever grace this planet.

8. 24

24 Starter

I don't think our scouts are the problem. IMO, Fisher had too much control over the draft. Let the scouts scout, the GMs manage, and the coaches coach. This is Webster's first full year (he's an ex-scout), I think we'll see significant improvements in our draft classes. The best franchises have ex-scouts at the top, and they let them manage the draft.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I doubt that'll be the end of it. I'm sure after the draft, we'll hear from Rolltide about how we dug our own grave by not trading away all our picks for the next 10 years to move up and take Cam.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm pumped for tonight, can't wait!

It's the 1st real football we get in 2011 after the Super Bowl. I hope Goodell gets booed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar