Jason Pierre-Paul visits Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vy102000, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI both Kiper and Mcshay have us taking JPP in rd at 16 in their mocks.

Either they know something or they are guessing.

1998 all over again?

2. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

what do you see?

i watched morgan in the bowl game against bulaga and the rest of the Iowa line and i wasnt impressed in the slightest. I mean i understand that iowa had a good line but still i was very unimpressed. Dont get me wrong i like him but with Graham's production and JPP's potential i can't see him as the number one DE.

for what its worth my list is
    1. Graham
    2. JPP (off potential alone)
    3. Morgan
    4. Kindle

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Morgan against Iowa..

0 solo tackles

0 assists

0 sacks

Did he even play? Got pwnd?

4. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

if i remember right he was getting shut down the whole game by bulaga and then GT switched him to the LE and iowa mostly kept running behind their big OT. Morgan just seemed very nonathletic with a low motor. disappointing im not sure if any of the nfl draft experts saw this game but it was very revealing IMO

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm seriously started to think we're gonna go with JPP at 16. Mike Keith, Frank Wychek, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay all have us taking JPP and I've started to think there is some truth to that.

6. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

top 2 DE's

I mean JPP looks so athletic its hard to think that washburn wont be able to make him "the freak pt.2", but then again he really hasn't gone against an elite lineman. Imagine if no one had seen that bowl game with morgan(although maybe no one did) bulaga just shut him down when they matched up. Truth be told none of the division teams in the AFC South, other than us have an elite line (yes i think Roos and Stewart are both amazing tackles). Still I think that Graham's production and JPP's potential trump Morgan's versatility, Dunlap's athleticism, and Kindle's agility. But thats just my opinion if someone thinks they can change my mind i'm willing to listen

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Well look back at the chris henry pick he played like 8 games.

I'm not saying JPP is gonna be the next CH but knowing Jeff, Bud and our organization we pick guys like this.

Lots of people got angry at the CJ pick because we took him early,But its what we do.

With the coaching we have JPP is our best pick.

Safe pick Morgan

good pick JPP

reached pick graham

Bad pick Dunlap

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I wouldn't call Graham a reach, like I said in another thread, we can trade down and take him, and I would actually call him a safe pick, he is a guy that will probably come in and play right away, however I don't see much upside like I do with JPP. JPP is a guy that is all upside but is going to take some time to develop. Graham is ready to play from day one, but he won't get much better than he is right now.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Might be a reach but Lamar Houston is a DT who is moving up. He is the fastest legit DT prospect with a 4.84 40 at the combine. 33 1/2 inch vertical and a guy who would fit our scheme very well i think.

6'3 305 with 4.84 speed and a 10 yard split of 1.68. Solidly strong in both the upper and lower body.

Houston had a monster game against Bama in the national championship. He was in on 10 tackles with 2 sacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar