Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jaws ranks Locker 31st among QBs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Jun 24, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,442
    After studying Jake Locker's game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away believing Locker still has a "long way to go" to become a successful NFL quarterback.
    Ranked 31st in Jaws' QB Countdown, Locker displayed suspect awareness in terms of reading defenses, poorer accuracy on movement throws than expected, and a startling proneness to getting sacked. "While Locker has often been talked about as throwing well on the run, a careful look at all his throws reveals that he is erratic with both his clarity and his accuracy," Jaws stated. "What really stood out in evaluating Locker was the number of sacks he took that resulted from pressure outside the box, especially from the slot." Jaworski concluded by saying, "if (Locker) does not throw with more consistent accuracy, he will always struggle to become a quality NFL starter."

Jun 24 - 5:04 PM
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611
    FITZ MAGIC TIME!!!

No but really, while Locker obviously isn't *THAT* bad of a starting QB, he hasn't proven himself to be even in the top 20/32. I believe he has the ability and the talent around him to get it done, but he has to prove it this season. I got faith in him though, he will be a top 15 QB in 2 years. (Or Fitz will)
    GoT high fives this.
  3. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $119
    Wonder what he would've ranked VY.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,596
    Small amount of snaps and also hurt. However, we all know he has had issues with accuracy. Who was 32? Blaine gabbert?
  5. fitantitans This space For Rent

Klug
    Moolah:
    $262
    With Lockers injuries and the lack of protection, he hasn't started out impressing anyone.
    This year will make or break him. If he doesn't improve, the Titans will probably draft a QB come April, IMO.
  6. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,280

31st best back-up?
  7. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,280

I would think Butt-Fumble Sanchez.
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,953
    Clearly Jaws old age is catching up with him, so hed probably rank VY 3rd overall just ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
    Alex1939, ncaalover12, Fry and 1 other person high five this.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,198
    I'd like to see the entire list. No way he's the second worst QB in the NFL. That's ridiculous.

He ranked Matt Flynn #32 FYI. I bet his top 10 is awful, and I bet he has Flacco top 5.

I can't find the full list though.
  10. SDJB1980 Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $103
    Love to see where 54% completion Luck figured.
    Titan43 and titan520 high five this.