Jaws thinks Mariota is going #1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I watched the video on the Titans website when he came and visited. He didn't seem energetic at all. He just smiled and shook hands with everyone. Maybe jet lag? Maybe not interested to be there? Even in the interview with Mike Keith. He seemed calmed and not very excited.

I'm not putting much into it, but just seemed odd from everything else I've seen from him.

Of course MM was his usual self calm and cool.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

JT, we need to get the Suicide Hotline # posted on here for Draft Day when Mariota goes 1 and we trade our pick lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's probably embedded in his mind that he's going #1, probably thought the TN trip was a waste of time.

If he does go #2, hopefully that puts a chip on his shoulder.

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

"He's the best player that I've seen in a long, long time," Petersen said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft" Tuesday. "I've watched him on tape for a long time. I've faced him in person. I'm not sure what there's any debate about. The guy is spectacular. There is no doubt he is going to crush it in the NFL."

Petersen has been a college coach for a little less than 30 years, so that's high praise given all the quarterback play he's seen.

Mariota did help Oregon throttle Washington when the two teams met last season (Mariota had 336 yards passing and two touchdowns vs. the Huskies), and Petersen certainly isn't the only one who thinks highly of Mariota. NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock vaulted Mariota ahead of presumptive No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston in his latest positional rankings.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Was a boss in NFL gameday 99

6. Rudad

Rudad Starter

From four anonymous scouts about mariota:"In a word, great. He's the best I've seen since (Andrew) Luck. He's everything you want.'' ..."He has it all. If we had the first pick, he'd be ours. But we don't.'' ..."The only knock we have on him, is he's a thrower, not a passer. But he'll work on that. He'll be real good.'' ..."What I like best about him is he's a hard worker. He'll put in the time. That's more important than people realize.''

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I still use the line "it ain't over until it's Alstott and Dunn". That was a good duo back in the day. He would punish people when he ran.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would not be shocked to see Mariota go #1. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Winston slide down to the Jets.

I'm not sold on either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

My draft would be for us to take Williams regardless...or trade down. But if Mariota goes #1 I don't think there will be any dance partners for a trade. I think the alledged rapist could slide......

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Those jets fans would love him. They will also spit him out even quicker. Good luck to him if he falls to the jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar