Jay Cutler = Top 5 qb in the league this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm going to bet he is. He may even lead the league in yards. I thought Cutler was the best qb of last year's draft class, but once you factor in all that the Broncos have done for this kid in the offseason? They're expecting him to be great, and they're going to make sure it happens.
    New England might have had the bigger names, but the Broncos probably had the best offseason moves in the entire league.

Broncos:
    Sam Adams
    Dre Bly
    Tim Crowder
    Troy Fleming
    Daniel Graham
    Carlos Hall
    Travis Henry
    Jarvis Moss
    Brandon Stokely

Graham, T. Henry, Stokely, Rod Smith, and Javon Walker in one offense should be pretty decent. Especially for a kid that already had 1,000 yards passing within his first 5 games in the league. He could easily throw for over 3,000 this year.
    Which makes me wonder, how many guys could we have had to simply improve our offense? Doesn't take star players, just better players than the current ones on the depth chart.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Jay Cutler = Top 5 qb in the league this year?

Yeah- top 5 queer baits.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Wow. You name some of Cutler's weapons on offense, but you fail to name Brandon Marshall. I cant take that post seriously because of that.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think Denver will struggle mightily this season.

The change from Plummer to Cutler has meant that the Broncos have changed their protection schemes to focus on passing out of the pocket. With Plummer at QB, the smaller, more mobile Offensive linemen could be used to move the pocket when Plummer was rolling out. They haven't changed their personnel significantly but now they are going to a traditional protection scheme with their smaller linemen. Are their tackles ready to hold-up to the rush they'll be facing? Cutler might get killed back there.

Also, the "weapons" they have aren't likely to scare anyone.

Rod Smith showed signs he is almost done last year. His production dropped off remarkably to the point where is no more than a 3rd receiver.

.Brandon Stokley is hardly a saviour. He's had one good year in a 7 year career.

Daniel Graham is virtually a blocking TE only (and may be needed in this role to help the aforementioned protection). He's never had more than 38 catches or more than 400 yards receiving.

Javon Walker is coming off a season that ended with one of his best friends dying in his arms, and who knows how that has affected him mentally.

Brandon Marshall shows promise, but may not be ready to step up into the role that is needed of him.

Travis Henry was a good addition, no question, but I think they have more problems on offense than they can handle.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Cutler will be a superstar, cannon, accuracy, smarts, weapons...best QB in draft last year...we missed out, the doubters havent seen him play yet...hes on the verge of greatness, get back to me at the end of the season

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My fantasy team is definitely counting on him to become a superstar.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Denial by many. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Even if he's not in the top 5, I'll put money down that he's a better qb than Young.
    Any takers? (and no, this isn't hating on Young. I just live in reality)

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I don't see why he couldn't turn into one, especially with that offense. And he's already a better QB then Young, who is far from being a measuring stick, but with his weapons and o-line he SHOULD put up some pretty good numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar