Jay Cutler = Top 5 qb in the league this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

So, gloat, you're expecting 5700 yards passing from Tom Brady?

If you don't get the reference, you're the one not reading posts... see post 74 that you still aren't answering.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Extremes. Brady only had 3,500 yds last year. I'd say he can get 4,500 with the new players. Although I'm expecting a total collapse due to these things never working out.

3. GoTitans3801

Well, the same logic applies to your claim of kitna and 4700 yards.

4. Deuce Wayne

Not so much.

5. Yes, it does.

6. Deuce Wayne

No. It doesn't.

7. GoTitans3801

Actually, yes, it does, and here's why...

You say that Kitna had 4200 passing yards last season, and added CJ. You said if CJ only gets 500 yards, that will still give Kitna 4700.

Well, if that logic is true, Brady had 3500 passing yards last season. His top 5 receiving targets are still on the team. The patriots added Randy Moss, who had 550 yards last season, Donte Stallworth, who had 725, Kelly Washington, who had 115 yards in 5 games, and in his two full seasons has averaged 325 yards, and Wes Welker, who had 650 yards receiving. So if they don't even do any better than last season, and just add on, like you're predicting with Kitna and CJ, then Brady will have 5750 yards passing!

Of course, no one here believes that, but that's the reason that your logic is wrong.

I'm not saying that I don't think Kitna will have a good season, or that I don't think CJ will be a good WR at some point. But you certainly can't expect what you've been arguing.

8. Deuce Wayne

See, the difference is - you're trying to add on 4 receievers, as if they'll all do what they did last season even while being splitting the catches.
    Me, I was adding ONE person. That's a big difference.

9. GoTitans3801

It's the same flaw in the argument, my example is just a more extreme example. Whatever CJ get isn't just going to add on to the passing success the team had last year. The lions had a huge passing game, and even with CJ, they'd be lucky if they equalled last seasons passing yard totals at the end of the season. Furrey caught 98 passes, Williams caught 82, and Jones caught 61. If CJ even catches 50, it's going to have a significant effect on the chances that the others have. The lions aren't going to get 50 extra offensive plays, even if CJ caught every single pass thrown at him. While it might help their production, there's only so much it could do. I think and NFL team would gladly take that total right now if they could. It's also not like CJ is a proven NFL vet, it's hard to predict whether he'll have a 1000 yard rookie season, or a 200 yard one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar