Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titansrule, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

If the Titans draft Cutler or another QB in the first, can they afford to have McNairs money and a first round picks money tied up in one postion for a year or 2?

2. If we draft a rookie early, we're going to need a veteran to mentor him. So the salary cap tied up at QB isn't really an issue. Especially since picking a QB at #6 wouldn't be any more expensive overall than any other position we'd take there.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he talks to fast I reckon.

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Right, but I mean can we have that much money tied up in one postion just sitting when maybe we could get an impact player at another position LB, or Saftey?

5. With QBs, you draft for the future rather than for that year. So while you could get an immediate impact player at another position, that also means you give up the chance to add a franchise QB.

Did the Bengals pick wrong when they took Carson Palmer just because he sat for a year? He's better now than anyone else in the top 15 that year.

As for the money, I don't think it factors in. It's roughly the same amount of money no matter who you draft. It doesn't matter how it breaks down from position to position.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and you'll probably see more of that as we entire the combines
    Jay just looks like he has better mechanics
    and just some uncanny instincts - unteachable stuff

put Jay on USC and you'd probably get similar or better results
    put Matt on Vandy and you get similar to worse results
    IMO

I personally feel that Cutler is a better pro prospect than Lienart
    BUT, if there's one coach Matt needs it's Chow
    Matt's best shot in the pros could very well be here

it's hard - more than likely both will be there if we pick 6th
    and neither will be there in the 2nd round

lots of players available early that we need (or like)
    D'Brickashaw while not a sexy pick is probably the most prudent
    AJ HAwk is a nice bar room brawl pick
    Cutler would be a city-wide favorite regardless of where he's picked
    Lienart would be a fan pick especially if we trade back and still get him

lots of options,.... so little picks

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Leinhart is used to winning and he's just as good. I'd take Leinhart any day of the week.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

cant go past lefties.

9. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

Now Frank Whycheck is on the Jay Cutler bandwagon. These guys are just now saying what ive been thinking for months now. Now some "draft experts" say Jay could go in the top 10.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i havent seen him play but I remember early in the season when he first came up he was meant to be a 2nd rounder, now he is looked at as a possible top 10.

Has he always been good or has he broken out this season?
    how many years has he started at Vandy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar