Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Attached Files:

• jay.jpg
      jay.jpg
      File size:
      43.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Strengths:
    Has a very strong arm...Good size...Pretty good athlete who can move a little...Sports a quick delivery with good accuracy...Patient player who will go through his progressions...Tough guy who will hang in the pocket and take a hit...Throws well on the move...Strong and durable with a lot of experience...A leader with top intangibles and is a gamer who comes up big in the clutch.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Weaknesses:
    Mechanics get pretty dodgy at times...Footwork is very eratic...Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions...Gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness...Has too much confidence in his arm at times...Struggles throwing the deep ball...Has not had a lot of success at the college level from a team perspective...Body has taken a lot of punishment throughout his career.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

About.com

Positives:
    A four year starter on a dreadful SEC team, Jay Cutler was the one shining star. He was the 2005 SEC Offensive Player of the Year as well as 2005 SEC Player of the Year. In addition he was a finalist for the Unitas Golden Arm Award.
    He has a very high completion percentage in all four years with his highest being 61% in 2004. He is a very mobile quarterback drawing comparisons to a bigger Jeff Garcia. He threw for 21 touchdowns this season with only 9 interceptions. He has become arguably the best quarterback in Vanderbilt history.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not that that says a whole lot

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

footballsfuture.com

"Cutler has all the talent and the mindset to be an NFL caliber QB. He’s big and strong, has a very good arm, but also brings surprising athleticism to the field. He has the ability to make every throw, and can make plays with his feet when things break down. Cutler also possesses excellent toughness. He has taken a beating playing for Vandy, but gets up every time and continues to battle."

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I've been lobbying for Cutler all year... I would have no problem taking him at 3. Here's another quick artical on him in relation to past drafts

Resource: http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/490886.html

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

fftoolbox.com

"Has the total package and traits you look for in becoming a top level winning quarterback at the next level, he is tough, smart, athletic and a quick thinker in the pocket, he is a field general who has total command and control of the offense, with good leadership traits and instills confidence upon his teammates through his intensity and passion for the game that shows through on the field of play, he also does not allow the possibility of failure to control his play on the field, which I find many quarterbacks to do, and he is a calm cool customer in the pocket despite consistently having to perform under adverse conditions stacked against him"

they have going to the Jets @ 4th overall !!
    nice props, but I don't think so
    then again, we must see the Senior Bowl first

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, I agreed with this for the most part , until I considered they had him going to NYJ @4

I wouldn't call that undervalued or underrated at all

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"Cutler is probably the second most gifted signal caller in this draft (and the most gifted if Vince Young stays in school). This is a guy that is 6’4” 225, can really run, and can throw it with the best of them." - from a FoxSports Blog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar