Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the more i read about cutler the more impressed i am, but i'm still holding my judgement until the senior bowl.

if we do take him, i have faith that the staff saw something in him in the week of practice and the game.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Key areas:
    Mechanics get pretty dodgy at times...Footwork is very eratic...Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions...Gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness...Has too much confidence in his arm at times...Struggles throwing the deep ball...Has not had a lot of success at the college level from a team perspective...Body has taken a lot of punishment throughout his career.

Mechanics dodgy at times, thats terrible. Key throw and his mechanics are dodgy, game over.

Footwork is erratic, whilst quite easy to teach - it often leads to unnecessary rushes and hits.

Unneccessary decisions - Enough said.

Struggles with the deep ball - Basically arm strength? If he struggles with it, he won't do it often.

Taken a lot of hits - so if David Carr was in the draft again (4 years on after all his sacks) would you take him? I think not.

3. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Trouble throwing the deep ball was stated because he always had a collapsing pocket and had a hard time getting an ACCURATE throw off, if you ever WATCH him play you would realize that the deep ball he threw in a collapsing pocket would go 10-15 yards over the receiver to compensate for the lack of time. Dude watch him play before you make your judgements on merely someone elses evaluation. He's not going to rise into the top 2 but he is definitely in a class of his own after they are off the board.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thank you,I was just about to break it down to thnom
    but you did a good job

EVERY college prospect has weaknesses, Jay's are correctable

if you look at Cutler's last 3 games he :
    completed 65% of his passes
    for 1071 yards - a 357 yard average
    with 12 TD's and only 2 int's (both against Florida)
    with a Passer Rating avg. of 152.5

he threw 5 TD's with 0 INT's vs. Kentucky and 3/0 td/int vs UT
    which were his final games as a senior
    the final game being a win over UT

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Cutler must be a very strange fellow. He has a very strong arm but cannot throw the deep ball. He is patient and goes through the progressions but he will take unusual risks and get reckless. Must be a double personality. The bottom line is there are many times Cutler has no choice but to sling the ball recklously because he is getting his head taken off in 2 seconds. When he has time his mechanics are fine and he makes good decisions most of the time. Look at his TD to int ratio and you can tell he is not overly reckless or making bad decisions although he does not have the luxury of spending all day scoping the field like Leinart had.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It should be an interesting week in Mobile.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Boy this is all making the prospect of getting Leinart sooooo disappointing.

Next we'll be talking of Leinart being this year's Rodgers.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

He wont fall to #24 like Rodgers, but I could see him falling to 5-10 easily

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Unless Cutler passes him, which even with a good showing will be hard to do, I see us taking Leinart if he's there.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

beat ya to it, I've said that several times

it won't happen though. Too many teams need a QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar