Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/04/30/mmqb.draft/index.html

I did call [Tennessee Titans coach] Jeff Fisher, who I'm very close to, and I know Jeff to a T, and I just said to him, 'Give me Cutler's good points and bad points.' And he said, 'Mike, there are no bad points.' Jeff knows football players. And I thought, if I could get up there around 11, I'm going to try to get him.

That little tid-bit stood out. Reese said no-one called at 3 so I'm thinking Chow wanted Leinart. Fisher wanted Cutler and Reese wanted Young. I think if anyone had called - we would have traded out of there.

2. arenateam

arenateam Guest

re

Cutler = great pickup for Broncos.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Cutler is going to do well with the Broncos

4. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I don't think Shanahan was asking Fisher to compare Cutler to Young on the basis of their skills. The question obviously was not based on their football evaluation - Fisher would assume - correctly so - that Shanahan doesn't need his film break down. Shanahan's statement was in answer to a question raised as to how he could trade up to pick a guy he hadn't met. He said basically that he called Fisher to get a read - obviously on character issues. I'd imagine his question was framed "What's this guy like? Give me the good and bad." To which Fisher said he didn't know of any negatives. He didn't say Cutler's the best pick in the draft and I was forced to take Vince instead.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that might be truer than you think

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Vince Young was the best player in the draft.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Aw, comeon Ewker, don't you realise VY is so good, he has to wait 2 years for the NFL to get ready for him :brow:

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Seeing is believing.

10. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Doubtful. It's certainly goofy to imply that Fisher was saying he'd chose Cutler over Young from the Shanahan quote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar