jay cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I was going for some kind of shot at Jaws... but it fell flat.

2. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Was the TD mostly Marshall or great play by Cutler?

3. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

mostly marshall and really bad missed tackles (3 or 4) by Seattle

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Wow give the kid some credit playing in 15 degree weather, yeah he made a rookie mistake...hes a rookie. He did the same thing Vince did to this team, He gave his team some life even when they were down and out. Yeah he struggled against a good D but you guys sound like Hoge attacking Vince after a loss, and did anyone see his protection it was makeshift at best. He suffered the same fate Leinart and Young did in their first starts a Loss.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

ALL Marshall. Without that play Cutler's first game stats don't look so "solid".

I'm not saying he is going to be a bad quarterback, but sans the Marshall TD even Vince had a better first game. And against a better D with worse support and he was supposed to be the leaste developed passer. But then again, you can't compare anyone to Vince.

:nana3:

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I believe Cutler was trying to throw the ball away and got pulled backwards by the tackler, then the ball went up in the air. No QB would throw a ball like that. Some people don't think very hard. Considering it was 15 degrees, and he hasn't played in a game in 12 weeks, it wasn't too bad of an outing for him. Shanahan kept it simple, too simple at times, by not letting try to pass on 1st or 2nd down, then the defense knows what is coming. Doesn't appear he has the greatest receivers either. Wait a few weeks and then decide.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

doesnt that sound familiar? i cant remember the last time one of our guys took a 10 yard pass 72 yards. probably mason against the texans.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

LOL

You'll have to pardon me, Thunder....I couldn't help but notice the irony, here.

Vince struggled mightily in his first few games, and the "draft Cutler" crowd ripped him to shreds.....yourself included.

But when Jay has a rough time of it in his first action, it's "wait a few weeks and then decide." Sorry, man....I just couldn't help but laugh at the contradiction.

But I'll give you props, Thunder....you obviously had (and still have) serious reservations about VY; however, unlike some of the anti-VY folks, you were able to set aside your reservations and acknowledge the good things Vince has done.

Vince isn't Jay, true...but then again, Jay isn't Vince. They're completely different players....different enough that it's pointless to even draw a comparison. A lot of folks still would have preferred to see Cutler as a Titan over VY....and that's fine. I think both guys will develop into damn fine QB's...Leinart, too. At the end of the day, the right guy for the job is the one who gets the W. It seems that you've already figured that out.... I just don't see why more people can't grasp the concept.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I try to be objective about everything. I am simply saying that it's not a fair comparison at this point. Vince started 4 weeks into the season, and even got playing time from the first week. Cutler has sat for 12 weeks. I try to be fair with Vince, but I still have the same concerns I did when we drafted him, mainly his passing motion. He sailed about 8 passes yesterday, I would hope for some improvement in that area by now. I guess Chow isn't going to address it until after the season. Cutler has a great arm, but can he manage a game like Vince does? There are pros and cons to each QB. If Vince can start being more accurate, I would say we have the right QB.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The same "contradiction" works the other way as well. The VY fans were making excuses early for VY but now think one bad outing means Cutler sucks? I like Cutler but IMO I'm not sure if this was a good time for the Bronco's to make a change at QB. They are in a playoff hunt and now will have to endure the maturation of a rookie QB under extreme pressure. VY was thrown to the wolves on a team that was going no where anyway but Cutler now is expected to lead his team to the playoffs?

Tough situation for Cutler IMO and it would be a lot easier to make the transition in the off season, not a few games down the stretch of a season with a 7-4 team trying to reach the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar