jay cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i like how a certain someone plays the receiver card in the defense of cutler, but with vince, drops are just apart of the game.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

wasn't me. :)

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Your knowledge of football is pretty shallow. Receivers do a lot more than just catch balls. They have to run correct routes, and get open to some extent. When I said Cutler didn't have the best of receivers, that is what I was referring to. He has a great arm, but if those guys can't work to get open, it does him no good. On the other hand, Vince has had his share of wide open guys, and missed them pretty bad. And yes, he has also had some drops. You use an example of a guy making one catch during an entire game as Cutler having good receivers. I think it's time YOU became objective also.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i know he has javon walker, who i would take over ANY of our WRs. i know rod smith has been to a lot more pro bowls than all of our WRs combined and has made his living with precise routes and sure hands. i've never seen a ball hit javon walker or rod smith in the face.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Javon was blanketed last night. He tried to get the ball to him several times, and they were good throws. He hit Rod Smith on a nice pass, and Smith coughed it up. They are good receivers, but Plummer was having trouble with them getting open, and it appears Cutler will suffer the same fate.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

with all the cutler hype, having the poor kid play on sunday night for his first game proved to be too intimadating for him to handle....

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

True....even I felt bad for the kid. :suspect:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The broncos defenders may have not had a great game, but I don't think it's very arguable that they are great WRs. Rod Smith is all pro, he's had a great career, and still makes some great catches. Walker is in his prime and finally back from injury. Bad WRs are an excuse Denver doesn't have. You could certainly say that Cutler had a hard first start because he was against a good defense, that would make more sense to me.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Cutler said he didn't even know if he was ready...

while I admire the honesty...where's the confidence?

Did vince ever say anything to this effect?

I can't remember him saying anything like that...I thought vince said he was ready to start from day 1...

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well, that is the problem. Vince has played in every game since preseason. Cutler has sat for 12 weeks. I am pretty sure most QB's (especially rookies) would admit to that after not playing for that length of time. I personally believe Cutler should have sat this year out, and become more comfortable with the NFL. Vince appears to be the kind of person that doesn't get bothered by anything, on any level. While Vince doesn't have Cutler's mechanics, his leadership ability is not in doubt. Just remember, even though Vince played in every game, when he finally started against Dallas it was pretty ugly. It wasn't 15 degrees outside, nor on national TV. Perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar