Jay Gruden finalizing deal with Redskins...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clint8, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If they are granted permission...

Best case scenario would be to get an interview in with both right after the NFC Championship since there will be a two week period before the Super Bowl... I'm still assuming the Seahawks go all the way, of course.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I just don't see Zimmer being hired here.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Me neither. I think Ruston is fixated on Quinn and I'd be surprised if it was anyone else

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea. I'm very much on the fence about it. If he hires wade Philips and norv turner as OC and DC then I'm fine.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Is he even a good coordinator?

If you're an OC and your average offense ranks around #20 out of 32 teams?

I honestly don't know how Jay Gruden is even wanted by anyone.

OH WAIT! Yes I do...

because people are so simple to think if they can't get Jon Gruden, any Gruden will do!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Those are the 3 that I want, no thanks to Bevell or Quinn.

Did not want Gruden, he was about as vanilla as you can get for an OC. If his last name wasn't Gruden, I seriously doubt he would of gotten this job.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The reason I initially wanted Gruden was because he's been key in developing Andy Dalton. While Dalton is by no means a world-beater he is far and away better than I and most thought he ever would be. This led me to feel Gruden must be pretty good at developing young QBs which is something we're in desperate need of. That doesn't necessarily make him head coach material but putting a good young QB on a team like our could mask a lot of his possible deficiencies as an HC. I'm sure many thought the same.

Speaking personally, the fact that he is Gruden's brother actuallly works against him a bit to me. I don't typically think of Gruden as an amazing coach. He actually comes off kind of odd and creepy. He's kinda likeable though.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jon Gruden was HORRIBLY overrated.. and still is.

He will never return to NFL coaching, because he will be outed for what he really is. He's got it made where he's at.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's like people forget how he ended in the booth in the first place lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To be perfectly honest about that claim that people belive he's John Gruden 2.0, well he kind of is.

I mean watch and listen to him talk to players, he actually does sound like his brother.

Just because he looks a little Eric Manginiish doesn't mean he is. But like I said, I have some doubts about that guy myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar