Jaylon Smith

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

All this talk of Ramsey, lets talk about the other Jaylon for a minute. Doctors are saying he'll likely miss all of 2016 with his leg injury and may never be the same. That being said, prior to the Fiesta Bowl he was projected as a top 5 pick.

Do you think he's worth taking a chance on if he falls to us at the top of the 3rd? We could sit him for a year and if everything goes well we have another elite prospect on our roster in 2017. Or do you think we need to use that pick for someone that can help us immediately?

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Forget the jaylens what bout jay'Ron Kearse

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone is picking a player they know will miss an entire season and may not ever be the same in the 3rd round. That's a huge risk.

In my opinion, I'd only roll the dice if he was still there after the 4th-5th round if for some reason they felt THAT strongly about him.

There are usually still plenty of good players in the 3rd, after that is when you try to find the diamonds in the rough, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Smith a ton, but he can't contribute for a year, anywhere after the 4th I'd start thinking about him tho, players picked in that range are a year out anyways, it'd be a great value at that point

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

A perennial playoff team with solid depth could consider him as early as the 4th. Everyone else shouldn't consider him until the 6th or 7th.

I'd be shocked if someone took him in the 3rd.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't be shocked, slightly surprised yes but not shocked.

Think about it, we all expect a good team to take a shot on him in the 4th right, so its possible a team agrees with us and believes they'll have to reach to get their guy maybe as soon as the 3rd..

any good team got an extra 3rd to blow?

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

3rd is far too early, especially at #64. Still going to be a lot of talent at 64. But rounds 5-7? hell yeah.

8. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

I'm not sure what to think about him. He says he's going to play again and there isn't any nerve damage, some NFL people say there is nerve damage and don't think he'll ever see the field. I guess it's going to depend on what each teams dr's say. If he's there at our middle 4th pick... If the dr's say it's worth the risk at that point I wouldn't be opposed to it. Any earlier for us specifically might be a stretch since we need as many guys as possible who can come in immediately and contribute.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

If he "checks" out medically, then I'dtake a shot in the 3rd or 4th. But, if thier nerve damage then ill take him in the 7th.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Honestly, this is a medical thing the doctors need to decide or speculate on. Coming out of the combine, several Doctors said he not only blew 2 ligaments but had nerve damage. Question is, what is the effect or prognosis of that nerve damage and how much of a detriment to his playing would it be. It's not the ligaments that are the problem, but this nerve damage question....because he might never play again. Or, he might come back and be great after a year off and someone's risk will be rewarded.

If Doctors think he'll be able to play after a year off and the nerve thing won't be a problem or not much of one, then I'd expect someone to take a shot at him between the end of round 2 and the top of round 4. If someone's Doctors say he just needs a year and the nerve thing won't affect him at all, he goes in the 2nd or 3rd at the latest. If the nerve thing is a big enough threat to his career (50/50 on being career ending) then he will likely go undrafted or maybe late 7th.

Personally, if we had to simply 'redshirt' him for a year and then we expected him to be back to full strength, you have consider him in round 2 and take him if he's there at round 3 at the latest. Unfortunately, I have a feeling he goes late or is an UFA. If there is even a 50/50 chance he comes back at full strength after a year, I'd grab him in round 5-7 at the latest. 50/50 chance at a top 10 player is a lot better odds than a 7th round player being much of a contributor!

Greater than 50/50 that it's career ending and 7th round at best but most likely UFA and then you fight to get him signed as a priority UFA!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar