Jeff Fisher and the Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Are y'all seriously sad to see Fish go? He's not a bad coach, we get it, but it would have been another 8-8 or 7-9 year, and we would have reached for Joe Nobody from Western Carolina in the first round 'cuz he has a good motor. We also lost 59-0 under Fisher before, the same game where he elected to run out the clock 'cuz he was cool with having the worst blowout in the last 30 years opposed to at least getting some garbage points when NE stopped caring.

And every now and then, we'll get into the playoffs only to choke on our homefield and then become irrelevant for another 4 years before we repeat the cycle.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Still glad he's gone.

I suspect he will reach the playoffs by his third year with the Rams, but winning a postseason game is another story.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I honestly think if we held onto Fisher we'd have Peyton Manning right now and be in 1st place in the AFC

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Fisher always did want to look like a winner. If your theory is true... It burns. Real bad. I assume you mean afc south though, right? Pats would still be better.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Munch first year: 7 - 9
    Fisher first year: 7 - 7 - 1 (and doubtful they will beat the Seahawks).

Huge. :rolleyes:

6. GeronimoJackson

Definitely in the South, but not in the AFC, but either way, Peyton didn't want to be here.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Last i checked the Rams are 18th in the league in rushing attempts and Jackson had just 19 attempts yesterday.

Nice try in bashing a coach who took a 2-14 team to a 7-7-1 record. So how are things working with the titans post Fisher?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Munch's first year was 9-7 and Munch did not have a 2-14 team to start with.

You guys are right though after watching that packers game i'm also convinced that this coaching staff is superior.

9. GeronimoJackson

I don't think Munch is the better coach, I would rather stink it up for a bit and build a future in the draft than be stuck at 8-8 year after year.

Fish didn't have a 2-14 team. He had a 2-14 team that then added 2 pro bowl corners and had a QB who was a former-first-overall-pick going into his 3rd season. Not to mention the million drafts picks they'll have for the future after the RG3 trade. The only direction to go was/is forward. Not that impressed. I'd expect them to at least compete for a playoff spot next year with all those new toys.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Tha
    That's the point. Pro Bowl CBs leave guys like Munchak and go to play for guys like Fisher. You're making a lot of excuses for why the Rams are improving in spite of Fisher and that's to be expected. Bottom line is If Bud is going to let the coach he had walk he shouldn't hire his retarded brother and expect better results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar