Jeff Fisher appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Keep it positive. Bash elsewhere.

Thanks Jeff for admirably dealing with the transition from Houston to Nashville, and being prepared with the team when it became Titans.

He'll always be the Titans "1st head coach". There are a lot of good memories over the years and I do think Fisher is a hard worker.

• High Five High Five x 24
  2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Thanks Jeff! I wish it could have ended diferrent. Face of the team for years.......Good Luck!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It will seem strange having somebody else on the sidelines. Those were fun times having a new team here in Tennessee.

I'll always remember him trying to comfort Mcnair after we came up one yard short in the super bowl. I think all of us expected there to be more super bowls after that and it is tragic we didn't.

His eulogy at the Mcnair funeral was all class. So also with the game ball for Dinger.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. chocolatebarr78

chocolatebarr78 Practice Squad

Jeff,

You are the man. I am a Titans fan because of you. Keep it strong buddy.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can honestly Thank You Jeff Fisher from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful memories. You took this team as your own, instilled your philosophy and never went away from that. Your loyalty to both your players and coaches is something that is truly rare in this business. You are truly one of a kind. Through the highs and lows you always stayed the course and never changed your way of doing things. You stuck with what you believed in and have remained all class.

And while we will move on and get a new coach, you Jeff Fisher can never be replaced. You have set the standard and helped build this team. Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Phillip Parras
    (Big Time Titan)

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea Thanks Fish for being a class act. One of the classiest HCs. Hope we don't get a dud to take his place.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Though I didn't disagree with a lot of his decisions, as a fan of the team, I do appreciate his 17 years of sleepless nights trying to get this team prepared every week to win (hey, his bags are evidence of his dedication).

He'll be alright, he'll have plenty of suitors next season on reputation alone.

Thanks, Jeff. :)

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

damn just too many good post to give ^5's to !!!!!!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

17 years is just too long.... He was hot stuff back 10 years ago when he was fresh. He simply burned out. I've always like Jeff Fisher, just not as our coach the past 6 years.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not a Titans fan because of him. But, I've been a fan of the team since before he was hired. And, I do remember when this organization went through Head Coaches like water. And, with the state of the franchise, as it is, right now, we could experience the same thing again.

Because we still have the same owner as we did when they were busy firing Coaches in Houston on a regular basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar