Jeff Fisher softball game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hoffa, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I went this year for the first time. I thought it was well worth it.
    I was wondering if anyone went who's gone before, and how this years game compared to past ones.

Highlights this year,

VY and McNair pitching to each other.
    Mawae made several good catches in the outfield,
    Fisher cheating to win the game,
    the kids pinch running,
    Piller body slamming the Sounds mascot,
    Chris Sanders unable to make contact in the Home Run Derby,
    Steve Watterson trying to make 1st base,
    autographs,
    and the AWESOME FIREWORKS.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

was Reynaldo there? or was he serving a higher purpose else where? :brow:

How many current players were there?

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Gunny, Reynaldo WAS there.

Hoffa, I've been at least two other years. It seems there were more players this year -- some didn't even play (Jarrett Payton is one I recall; Fleming is another -- but that's understandable considering he can't play worth a darn). Eddie George was the "Steve McNair" of last year. He's not as good a player, but he's got some GUNS. This year's game lagged a little, mostly because Vince was pitching and the ball was all over the place. This is the first time I recall Fisher not pitching for his team, and he's pretty consistent at getting it over the plate. The horseplay level was about the same. (By the way, Fisher's team ALWAYS wins!)

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought about going last year, don't remember why I didn't. This year I couldn't make it and was pretty upset, it sounds like a great event. It's pretty cheap, and sounds like a fun atmosphere.

Of course the coach's team always wins! If you're playing, you'd just better hope you get to be on the blue team.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I've been every year since they started it in 2001. Its always a good time.

And Fisher's team does always win. By hook or by crook. Usually the latter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar